Cal Ripken Jr *HOF* pic post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

After actaually pulling the cards out and comparing them it appears that there is a dark orange and a light orange. I don't know why I'm so shocked but WOW, what a complicated set. Looks like I'm going to be trying to finish these for quite some time. Here's the list, from Beckett, of the basic Epic Materials for Ripken.

2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Orange
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Blue
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Dark Green
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Dark Orange
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Dark Purple
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Gold
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Green
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Grey
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Light Purple
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Red
2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Teal

My oranges........

861.JPG

My latest aquisition......

862.JPG

I still don't see any difference between the #/155 and the #/177 light orange

My latest aquisition......

862.JPG

Hey quit rubbin' it in:D
I had a bid in of 20.11$ on that card and your 20.28$ took it.
I didn't know who had won it because of the private status of the auction.
Good to know it went to a good home.

I didn't know who had won it because of the private status of the auction.

Al,

I hate private auctions but thanks to ebay's new policies it's really not much different now than a regular auction.

Did you look at the bid history for that auction ? Something was/is very strange there. Like two people bidding $20.11 and there's something else strange before that but I can't remember what it was. And the strangest thing is that my max bid was actually a couple dollars higher but I won the auction with only a 17 cent bump above the next highest bidder. Couple that with it being a private auction and I was just waiting to see what would be screwy with the transaction, but had my card in three days.

welp, serves me right I guess for turning you onto all the variations of the epic materials. Now I'm bidding against you it seems on every one that pops up on ebay. :(

welp, serves me right I guess for turning you onto all the variations of the epic materials. Now I'm bidding against you it seems on every one that pops up on ebay. :(

Haha, I only have about 15 dif. ones right now and I'd leave you alone except they scrambled the names up so I don't know if you're bidding or not.

Aaron- you got some nice cards there. I can honestly tell you that you paid well less for some of those than I did in the past. Congrats on 2500:)

Aaron- you got some nice cards there. I can honestly tell you that you paid well less for some of those than I did in the past. Congrats on 2500:)

Thanks Al!

My wife bought this one for me and it came in today:

2004 Ultimate Collection Dual Materials Signature Ripken/Robinson Dual GU/Auto 02/25 BV $300.00

2004UltimateCollectionDualMaterials.jpg

No GU/Auto, but still a great insert, pulled in one of my "old school box breaks" a little while back:

row0ripken.jpg

It's /250 and is one of the biggest highlights of my (so far) set.

John

She's a keeper! That is a great card, dual auto/GU, nice addition :)

Todd

Thanks Todd!

The newest addition to my Ripken collection and ALSO my Markakis collection! I've been waiting for this set to come out for months just to get this card. Another note, it's my first 2008 Ripken. I've been so busy working on the 2007 sets and spending $100's to catch up on mid-late 90's inserts and haven't really been interested in the 2008 Ripken stuff...yet.

2008SPLegendaryCutsGenerationsMemor.jpg

I wonder if they(upperdeck) did dual patch versions of these. So far all I've seen are regular swatch jerseys.

I wonder if they(upperdeck) did dual patch versions of these. So far all I've seen are regular swatch jerseys.

Probably would have seen at least 1 by now. Beckett OPG hasn't listed the cards from this set yet so can't find out that way either.