Can anyone help with Chinese names?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I've found a blog and accompanying album with loads of scans and information about the early baseball cards releases in Taiwan in the 1990s, just after the Chinese Professional Baseball League started. There are enough scans and detail that I have begun the task of assembling checklists for the sets, but the major obstacle is the lack of any kind of English database of player names from Taiwan. I can find almost everything I would want to know about any of the players, but most everything is in Chinese, and Google Translate is of limited help transliterating names into English letters.

I've posted the checklist in-progress for the first CPBL set from 1990, along with the names in both Chinese, and English (where I could find any). Can anyone help? I could sit down and work out approximate phonetic spellings (Google can give me that), but I'm really hoping for something more formal as far as the names go.

Here is the post for the 1990 set. Hopefully, once these are filled out on my blog, they can then become something of a guide to CPBL and TML players from the 1990s.

http://clydes-stalecards.blogspot.com/2012/10/checklists-translations-1990-chinese.html

Thanks for looking!