WTT Close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That's sad.........I know how you feel; gave up collecting sets (except Heritage) in 2019..........Right around the time you joined up...........

I second that, i gave up set collecting after they started with all the sp's and box collation being awful...good luck getting what you deserve for ur collection

That's sad.........I know how you feel; gave up collecting sets (except Heritage) in 2019..........Right around the time you joined up...........

I second that, i gave up set collecting after they started with all the sp's and box collation being awful...good luck getting what you deserve for ur collection

I gave up most set collecting over a decade ago, I tried a couple sets and just couldn’t keep up with it anymore.

That’s not what is making me leave the hobby, it’s really the people. So many horrible people in this hobby now who came in at its COVID peak and are now left holding the bag are ruining the fun it used to be. People who scam other people are on the rise, people who are upset when their cards lower in value and take that out on others, Post Office problems, and postage prices are most of the reasons I want out.

I am fine with all the new sets, SPs and the like. I’m also excited to see what Fanatics will be doing in the future, but just can’t handle the people any more.

The vintage world is filled with much better people and so much easier to work with and deal with. So, I would rather have a couple nice vintage cards to get back into the hobby with if I decide to instead of a decade from now having the couple hundred cards I have now.

I am worried the people will not be any better in the future though.

No, people will NOT be better in the future..........A friend of mine owns a card shop locally and he's dealt with the morons like you're describing........Fortunately, he doesn't any more..........I feel your pain...........

Sorry hearing this as I does suck having a ton more scammers out there. I hope you decide to come back into the hobby.

Sorry hearing this as I does suck having a ton more scammers out there. I hope you decide to come back into the hobby.
Thanks Shaggy!

TheBench has been the only thing that has really kept me going the last few years and through COVID. I hope if I do come back this place will be stronger than ever!