COMC and Black Friday.......has anybody heard anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Is anyone here well informed or involved with COMC and know if they are running any special deals for Black Friday?

I'm sure their are.....but in writing nothing....I buy from them near the end of every month.......Going to check out the prices on somethings that I need for my insert sets. Silver ice from 2012 and 2013. Best regards, David

I'm sure their are.....but in writing nothing....I buy from them near the end of every month.......Going to check out the prices on somethings that I need for my insert sets. Silver ice from 2012 and 2013. Best regards, David

Thanks David, if you see or hear anything, please post it here so I and others can know about it.

I'll contact the person I know over there and see if I can pry some info from them.

Thanks Peter! I normally purchase the lower inserts cards and then wait and hope the higher price inserts that I need are there for the Black Friday! Best regards, David

This hit my inbox back on the 17th of October:

COMC

Announcement
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMC is ramping up for our biggest sale of the year, and we're excited to have you
be a part of it.

This Black Friday Weekend (Nov 29 - Dec 2), we're looking to sell more of your items
to more COMC buyers than ever before. While some fantastic buyer promotions are
on the way, the first step is for our sellers to prepare. We're offering you a
free site promotion for your inventory for the whole weekend (normally $3/day +
3% of sales)!

Create a FREE 4-Day Sale Promotion to run Friday, November 29 - Monday, December

* Feature SALE items to buyers all weekend long
* Customize your markdowns up to 80% OFF

Get started [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001jqUv...WUFWbku8OBJ0W4R1nIF63MfDmBJogTC7NNtlm4no4A==]

Also, be sure to submit any items you want to have listed during the sale. Below
are the deadlines we must receive your cards by for each of our processing services
in order to have them uploaded in time for Black Friday:

* One Month - Monday, October 28
* Bulk Two Week - Wednesday, November 13
* One Week - Wednesday, November 20
* Bulk Two Day - Monday, November 25
* One Day - Tuesday, November 26

Once again, to get in on the excitement, create a FREE 4-Day Sale Promotion [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001jqUv...WUFWbku8OBJ0W4R1nIF63MfDmBJogTC7NNtlm4no4A==]
prior to Black Friday Weekend and submit your items to COMC for our biggest sale
of the year.

The $3 shipping they have will probably hurt the big sales they used to get on that day, mainly because everyone was looking for a deal on the $20+ s/h totals. I hope they have something to offer the buyers in place on that...

They really lowered their seller incentives for Black Friday. Last year, I could send cards at the monthly processing price and get them listed in a week. This year, 4-day seller promotion? Their new sales and promotions features are so annoying and confusing. I used to send a huge batch in October every year, but not even bothering this time around.

I just want my cards to sell so I can be done with it. I haven't submitted anything new in over a year. So far, I'm selling just enough to cover the monthly storage fee with a little left over.

I just want my cards to sell so I can be done with it. I haven't submitted anything new in over a year. So far, I'm selling just enough to cover the monthly storage fee with a little left over.

The info they sent you was obviously seller oriented, I am interested in what they might be doing for buyers to generate buzz and buying. I have a couple cards there that I haven't shipped yet because $3 shipping for a couple cards is just annoying.

Have not heard anything back yet, but the email didn't bounce, so hopefully will hear something soon.
Black Friday is 30 Days away.

The "free sales" for sellers is the only thing I've seen so far, which is pretty weak. I believe last year they had a type of "cash back" deal for every item a seller sold, which really encouraged price drops. I'm not seeing a "free sale" as much of an incentive for sellers to drop prices, especially if buyers aren't going to be getting a good promotion. What are they going to do, give free shipping? Oooh save $3, whoop dee doo!

Richard

The "free sales" for sellers is the only thing I've seen so far, which is pretty weak. I believe last year they had a type of "cash back" deal for every item a seller sold, which really encouraged price drops. I'm not seeing a "free sale" as much of an incentive for sellers to drop prices, especially if buyers aren't going to be getting a good promotion. What are they going to do, give free shipping? Oooh save $3, whoop dee doo!

Richard

I figured the free shipping was a given at this point. If that is all they do, sales will suffer big time.

"While some fantastic buyer promotions are
on the way."...... I'm sure their planning some great deals which will include free shipping again. Best regards, David

It may sound trivial but I would be encouraged to buy some more low booking stuff I need if they simply did free shipping. When you collect a lower end star with cards that book low, the shipping unjustifies many a purchase.

I hope something good happens for the buyers - the free four day promotion is not that exciting for me.

I'm guessing my stuff just gets lost in the crowd of hundreds. Kind of a frustrating thing - I plan on running around 20-40% off for the promotion and NOT changing my card prices. Which means people are getting that percent off of what my daily price is on my port.

I see too many people on the site selling at 70-80% off, after they jack up their prices to more than double what they should be.

I hope something good happens for the buyers - the free four day promotion is not that exciting for me.

I'm guessing my stuff just gets lost in the crowd of hundreds. Kind of a frustrating thing - I plan on running around 20-40% off for the promotion and NOT changing my card prices. Which means people are getting that percent off of what my daily price is on my port.

I see too many people on the site selling at 70-80% off, after they jack up their prices to more than double what they should be.

I noticed that too.....following what the stores do......Jackup the price on the regular stuff and then do 50 or 60 percent sale! I normally go for the lowest price inserts (the ones I go for normally have 2 or more listed). Best regards, David