Comc - anyone use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fduran27

Prospect
Was about to send 200 cards to them and noticed that there fees are increasing soon. Anyone have success there?

thats the first i heard about their fees increasing. where did you read/see that at? the price increase will most likely stop me from selling there as i thought the fees were already steep to begin with. i guess they talked up their site got TONS of sellers and buyers to their site, then once they got everyone there, they jack up the prices! well played COMC, well played! (being sarcastic)

sorry, i just saw that, thanks. I was going to send in thousands and thousands of cards, now im not so sure as sales there were just OK to begin with., nothing great.

Last edited:
Make sure you read carefully on the increase. Looks like for a lot of 500 cards the price only goes up $20 or so - roughly .04 per card. They eliminated the $3.00 processing fee, so you can list 60 cards for the same cost as the old fees at the four week level. I don't really see the increase as being significant.

I'm prepping more cards for the site - no place better to sell your $2-10 BV cards!

after thinking more and more about it and doing the math, it looks like for every 100 cards sent in, there will be a $5.00 extra charge, it seemed bad as it first, but now seems that it is a way better option than EBAY. I just hope that they dont keep raising their fees every year. i guess the bottom line is, that its their business and they can do and charge whatever they want and unfourtantly we either adapt or go somewhere else. what i might do to adapt is not send everything in, just the better cards i have(example not sending in 1987 topps and 1988 topps and 1990 fleer, etc) im also going to drop all my cards to 75 cents less, because if you do that, comc says they will not charge a storage fee anymore, so you just have to look at how to make the fees work for you.

I definitely would not send in commons - not really the best choice when using COMC. Focus on cards in the $2-10 range as that seems to be where most of the action occurs. There is a really good blog post I read somewhere about how to make COMC work for you.

Make sure you read carefully on the increase. Looks like for a lot of 500 cards the price only goes up $20 or so - roughly .04 per card. They eliminated the $3.00 processing fee, so you can list 60 cards for the same cost as the old fees at the four week level. I don't really see the increase as being significant.

Really ? ONLY ? I'm self employed and would give my right arm to be able to increase my prices by 20% !

Look at it this way - if they increase their price, people will still see value and will pay the increase. As a self-employed person, only you can determine if your clients would be willing to agree to an increase in your price.

It's not as good a deal as it used to be, but it is still a fair value. I am still sending them cards.

Really ? ONLY ? I'm self employed and would give my right arm to be able to increase my prices by 20% !

Did they pass a law that says you can't?

If you're still a good value, people will continue to use you, especially if the other options are more expensive.

That's the problem with pricing anything less than a few dollars, if you do raise your prices, people get all bent because the percentage increase is so big.

i think the problem is,if people dont complain then eventually they will raise the price to $1.00 per card to list as they have had several price increase already for such a young company.

i think the problem is,if people dont complain then eventually they will raise the price to $1.00 per card to list as they have had several price increase already for such a young company.

So make a better site, get the traffic volume to surpass them, and make the price a nickel a card for five years.

It could be just a step to try and cut down on people sending boxes full of commons. You mentioned yourself one of the ways you might adapt was :"what i might do to adapt is not send everything in, just the better cards i have(example not sending in 1987 topps and 1988 topps and 1990 fleer, etc)

My question is WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU CONSIDER SENDING THEM IN in the first place?!?!!? You were seriously thinking of sending in 1988 Topps cards where you pay .20 to list them, shipping to get them there, wait weeks or a month to get them listed and list them at .25 each or start paying the storage fees? Seriously, if you are going through all that work for 3-4 cents a card or less, you'd pretty much need to sell 100 or more commons a month just to clear $3? Just toss them in a dumpster. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see people lining up to buy 88 Topps or 90 Fleer for 25 cents a crack, then paying 20 cents shipping on top of that. That's 45 cents for one common! Maybe a stray here or there to finish a set, but nothing near the volume you'd need to make it profitable. You'd have better luck selling wrapped up lots of 25 cards for 25 cents at a garage sale or flea market. I'm guessing that might be another added bonus to them. If they raise the prices a bit more, maybe people will stop sending in so much junk. It has to be a pain to open, check in, scan, and file away another 1988 Donruss Kirby Puckett when you've got 11 there already that aren't selling. It's tedious, takes up space, it's not what the site was built for. It's like trying to get fair market value for your Maserati by selling it in a small town church bake sale

good point, i think for me in particular its the emotional part of throwing away boxes and boxes of commons that i paid money for! ive donated thousands ad thousands of cards so donating more is not an option. so i figured if i can get 20 cents each for them on comc, thats better than just throwing them away.

Last edited:
Look at it this way - if they increase their price, people will still see value and will pay the increase. As a self-employed person, only you can determine if your clients would be willing to agree to an increase in your price.

Did they pass a law that says you can't?

If you're still a good value, people will continue to use you, especially if the other options are more expensive.

It could be just a step to try and cut down on people sending boxes full of commons.
I'm guessing that might be another added bonus to them. If they raise the prices a bit more, maybe people will stop sending in so much junk.

All good points. It is their business and they can do what they want. And, if I remember correctly, one of the major contributing factors in the demise of Yahoo auctions was it was free to list and quickly became a dumping ground for all the aforementioned stuff that's virtually unsellable.

If you think thats bad, about 3 years ago...the Post Office increased the Delivery Confirmation cost from 50 cents to 75 cents..and increase of 50%! Best regards, David