COMC Black Friday Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick question for the experts on the Bench...if you make an offer on a card and it is accepted, does it count towards your free shipping count of 10???

I think it does - as I believe the shipping is cumulative. I picked up a bunch of nice stuff this morning for a lot less than the original prices - including the last Shaun Marcum I needed for my 2012 Topps (the silk). Sales have been mostly low end for me which is funny as I have less of a discount on the lower end stuff.

Quick question for the experts on the Bench...if you make an offer on a card and it is accepted, does it count towards your free shipping count of 10???

I think it does - as I believe the shipping is cumulative. I picked up a bunch of nice stuff this morning for a lot less than the original prices - including the last Shaun Marcum I needed for my 2012 Topps (the silk). Sales have been mostly low end for me which is funny as I have less of a discount on the lower end stuff.

I went ahead and called COMC, super nice guy helped me out, he didn't seem frazzled by Black Friday either. All cards count towards the 10 needed for free shipping.

COMC is having what they are calling "hiccups". I've been a staunch defender of Check out My Cards on these boards for long time. However today is a little frustraing because they were expecting 10 times the site traffic and now they are having problems completing some of their most common transactions. They say it will get back up to speed shortly. I hope so, I am a big fan of the site.

Only weird thing I experienced was that I couldn't buy cards for about 20-30 minutes at one point. Didn't miss out on anything, but got a little frustrating as I am also watching the BF deals at Blowout Cards and DA Sportscards for deals.

Item number 8292361 is listed on the "old" check out my cards site at .12 and the new beta site the same exact item number is .37.

isn't that how the new site works? builds in the 25 cents per card to account for shipping instead of adding it in when you have them delivered?

isn't that how the new site works? builds in the 25 cents per card to account for shipping instead of adding it in when you have them delivered?

I think you may be right. I check out other cards and it is the same. In that case is the shipping really free?

The .25 is built in now - no surprises at checkout for people now. Sales are picking up for me again - hope it continues as I have another 75 card batch they are going to post for me today that includes some nice goodies.

I decided to really drop my prices for the next three days - discounts starting at 30% on Saturday/Sunday and then even further to 40% off on Cyber Monday. Maybe I can make some room for the back log of cards I have here!

I bought a ton of stuff I need for my 05 UD Baseball Heroes set, got several Gehrig cards and even a few hits to my Plantier and Maas wantlits. It was a great Black Friday for me!

Dewayne

Much slower today - sold a couple of $2-3 cards early and then a bunch of my super cheapos (listed at .10-.25 to clear them out so I can send in a new card for free). Haven't bought anything new today either - hoping for big discounts tomorrow as I suppose everyone else is as well.

Nice! I just went through and dropped prices on a lot of stuff - also grabbed another 20 or so cards for player collections (sadly no Shaun Marcum). Hoping for a big day tomorrow with my lowered prices and 40%+ off on my remaining 800+ cards.