Cool find in my PC.. is it worth something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
While entering my serial numbered cards I came across
2001 Donruss Production Line #PL6 Gary Sheffield OBP/438

The thing is my card is a die cut. Beckett doesn't list a "die cut" of the OBP /438. They do list die cuts for the other variations of the cards. I did a search on eBay and could only find another regular OBP like they have listed. I'm not really looking to sell it but I figured A. it's an error and a neat find or B. Beckett just forgot to add it. They added the other variations however so I'm puzzled.

If it is an error hopefully I have the only one which would make the card a lot more valuable obviously but only to the right collector (me) lol. I'm not looking to cash in I'm just wondering what the deal is with it.

EDIT- This is the same card that I have however it's listed as /100 when mine is /438. Perhaps the most realistic conclusion is that Beckett made an error with the serial numbers in their online listings.
2001 Donruss Production Line Die Cuts #PL6 Gary Sheffield OBP (Becketts listing of my card but /100)

Last edited:
What's the number out of 483? I know Donruss used to do a lot of inserts where the regular insert is say /1000 and there is a die cut or foiled version /100...but it's the first 100 cards from the 1000 print run of the normal insert (so really the normal version has 900 copies, 101/1000 through 1000/1000).

I know I have a Jason Giambi die cut from that same set, the slugging percentage version, which is serial numbered on the back /647, I can't remember the exact serial number but it's in the first 100, so 001/647 through 100/647.

Long story short, the card you listed at the bottom of your post is the Beckett listing for the card you have, and Beckett didn't really make an error in the "print run", Donruss just numbered them weirdly and confusingly.

Richard