Damaged Card going back to Topps Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redsoxfan1979

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I was at a card show about a week ago. I saw someone selling boxes of 2010 Topps Chrome at a decent price so I purchased a couple boxes of different things.

I got home and opened the box and pulled a sweet card.

Gold Ivan Nova Auto #/50 BV 150 the issue is, its like all Chrome products 80/20 centered.

I called Topps and they said to send it in with Wrapper ect. If they cant replace it they will replace it with a card of equal BV.

Has anyone done this before? I like Nova I collect him and think he is gonna be a decent SP in the bigs.

Thanks for any advice or similiar stories

Honestly, I am surprised they are offering a replacement for a centering issue - since centering is a common problem with Chrome products.

I would be scared that the "card of equal BV" will turn into a card with less potential (or several cards instead of one). Who knows how long the turnaround will be also.

I recently had good luck with 2 seperate Topps products. The first case was with an entire Blaster box of 2011 Heritage. On each card in the box the lower right corner was dinged. I contacted customer service and after following their directions received a replacement for each card in the Blaster.

The second instance was with a 2010 Chicle. I was lucky enough to pull a Red Umbrella autograph numbered 1/1. The card had a slightly dinged corner so I sent it back and received a (in my opinion) better autographed 1/1.

The entire process was extremely quick and the only issue was that I was out the shipping and DC in both cases, but Topps did package the returns well and paid for DC. All in all for me it was a pleasant transaction.

Would things be different if the 1/1 that I pulled was of the Jeter/Pujols/hot prospect variety? Maybe, but it might be worth a chance since the card in question is numbered out of 50 and maybe not all 50 were seeded into packs.

Honestly, I am surprised they are offering a replacement for a centering issue - since centering is a common problem with Chrome products.

I would be scared that the "card of equal BV" will turn into a card with less potential (or several cards instead of one). Who knows how long the turnaround will be also.

Im thinking they arnt gonna send me 2-3 cards that equal the 150 of the Nova.
I

I recently had good luck with 2 seperate Topps products. The first case was with an entire Blaster box of 2011 Heritage. On each card in the box the lower right corner was dinged. I contacted customer service and after following their directions received a replacement for each card in the Blaster.

The second instance was with a 2010 Chicle. I was lucky enough to pull a Red Umbrella autograph numbered 1/1. The card had a slightly dinged corner so I sent it back and received a (in my opinion) better autographed 1/1.

The entire process was extremely quick and the only issue was that I was out the shipping and DC in both cases, but Topps did package the returns well and paid for DC. All in all for me it was a pleasant transaction.

Would things be different if the 1/1 that I pulled was of the Jeter/Pujols/hot prospect variety? Maybe, but it might be worth a chance since the card in question is numbered out of 50 and maybe not all 50 were seeded into packs.

Thanks,
I think Im gonna send it back. I hope I get a replacement Nova if not I can deal with it. They seem to be alot beter lately with customer relations then a few months ago.

If anyone really cares lol. I will post what they send me in return.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps