Does this look legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajax44

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I'm not sure whether it is real or not. It was given to me, but I can't verify that it is real. What do you experts think?

carew.jpg

It took me a minute to look at that and find where the auto started at.:eek: I have always learned that when in doubt, compare it to a certified card.

Rod+Carew+Auto.jpg

I pulled that off of a Google search and I can see enough similarities to call yours authentic... BUT I have just one minor concern. I have never seen him sign bottom to top on a card - he always has the conventional left to right signature on cards. It could mean absolutely nothing, but what do I know?:p

You know, this may sound like an odd way to verify, but I'll try anyway.
I see the auto goes from the bottom to the top and is kind of angled bottom right to top left.
I'm thinking, if it was faked, wouldn't the person "sign" it so it was going across the bottom left to right as we would hope, or expect to see a signature?
This way, is seems as if Rod may have taken the card and just signed it hurriedly. Maybe it's good...

Thanks for the replies. I don't really believe that it is real either, but I asked myself: Why would someone write his name on there if they weren't going to try and copy the sig? Maybe he did do it. Either way, since I can't verify it 100%, and I'm not sending it off (why waste the $ if I'm not 100% sure), I'm not sure what to do with it.