finally finished my 1980 auto Phillies set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I finally got to finish off my 1980 World Series auto set of the Phillies. The last one was Nino Espinosa. being that he died so long ago he didnt sign too many Phillies cards so it was so hard to find one. Well last night I got one! The auto is light. i am guessing he used a pen? I dont know but it is certified and I got it at a great price!
KGrHqNhEE7vzSR4hSBPIMLQ3NQ60_35.jpg

WALKBOB.jpg
VUKOVICHJOHN.jpg
VUKOVICHGEORGE.jpg
UNSERDEL.jpg

UNSERDEL1.jpg

TRILLOMANNY.jpg
SMITHLONNIE.jpg
SMITHLONNIE1.jpg

SCHMIDTMIKE.jpg
SCHMIDTMIKE1.jpg
scan0005.jpg

SAUCIERKEVIN.jpg
RUTHVENDICK.jpg
PHANATICPHILLIE.jpg
NOLESDICKIE.jpg
NOLESDICKIE1.jpg

MORELANDKEITH.jpg
McGRAWTUG.jpg
McCARVERTIM.jpg
McBRIDEBAKE.jpg
MADDOXGARRY.jpg
LYLESPARKY.jpg
LUZINSKIGREG.jpg
LERCHRANDY.jpg
LaGROWLERRIN.jpg
GROSSGREG.jpg
GREENDALLAS.jpg
DERNIERBOB.jpg
CHRISTENSONLARRY.jpg
CARLTONSTEVE.jpg
BYSTROMMARTY.jpg
BRUSSTARWARREN.jpg
BOWALARRY.jpg
BOONEBOB.jpg
AVILESRAMON.jpg
AGUAYOLUIS.jpg
autos1.jpg

gfnzdgnbhdf.jpg

zdfhdhghr.jpg

wall2.jpg

TICKETTS.jpg

PROGRAMBOOK2.jpg
PROGRAMBOOK1.jpg
1980 PHILLIES

[red]RED = 1980 WORLD SERIES ROSTER[/red]
[blue]BLUE = 1980 ROSTER[/blue]

[red]BAKE McBRIDE
BOB BOONE [/red]
[blue]BOB DERNIER [/blue]
[red]BOB WALK
DALLAS GREEN
DEL UNSER
DICK RUTHVEN
DICKIE NOLES
GARRY MADDOX[/red]
[blue]GEORGE VUKOVICH [/blue]
[red]GREG GROSS
GREG LUZINSKI [/red]
[blue]JOHN VUKOVICH [/blue]
[red]KEITH MORELAND
KEVIN SAUCIER
LARRY BOWA
LARRY CHRISTIENSON[/red]
[blue]LERRIN LaGROW[/blue]
[red]LONNIE SMITH [/red]
[blue]LUIS AQUAYO [/blue]
[red]MANNY TRILLO
MARTY BYSTROM
MIKE SCHMIDT [/red]
[blue]NINO ESPINOSA [/blue]
[red]PETE ROSE [/red]
[blue]RAMON AVILES
RANDY LERCH [/blue]
[red]RON REED [/red]
[blue]SPARKY LYLE [/blue]
[red]STEVE CARLTON [/red]
[blue]TIM McCARVER [/blue]
[red]TUG McGRAW
WARREN BRUSSTAR[/red]

Neat stuff!! Thanks for posting all the images. Great to see. That Phillies team has some tough signatures to get including Espinosa, Maddox, and Ruthven (the signature looks a little like it was stamped ... probably just the marker/Sharpie that was used?). Congratulations on finishing the project!

What's next? :)

thanks guys. it was alot of fun. I got alot of the cards signed in person at shows over the years. Most signed for free.
My next project is collecting every Phillies topps cards from there basic and traded sets. Even the odd ball ones people dont count where they have a pic with 1 Phillie and 3 other players. So far I have 1976 to now.

Last edited:
Absolutely awesome work! You must be gleaming in pride!! I'd love to do something like that with the '83 Orioles (no pun ntended with the WS that year)..now I have a dial point to look at for a focal point!!

Congrats!!

Tim

congrats, thats very, very cool.

im thinking i should try to do that with the 6 dodgers world series teams. i have a question, regarding collecting autos from all the world series team, which cards should i get autographed, the year the team won the world series or the year after(because i think most of the topps sets have the whole team printed the year after) for example for the 1988 dodger championship team, should i try to get the 1988 topps team set autographed or the 1989 topps set autographed? or do you recommend mixing and matching(for example some players from the 1988 team set and some players from the 1989 team set?) or should i just get one autographed card from the player, (it doesnt matter what year card)

how cool would that be if someone collected an autographed world series team set from each year going back to the 1950's!

That's awesome !

What happened to dennis Doyle ? Is his card supposed to be where one of the Lonnie Smith's is ?

Accually I have 2 of the Lonnie Smiths but Dennis Doyle didnt play on the Phillies in 1980

DUH ! :) That makes sense. It slipped right by me the Doyle was a 1970 card.

Maybe a new collection ? The team that might have been ?

DUH ! :) That makes sense. It slipped right by me the Doyle was a 1970 card.

Maybe a new collection ? The team that might have been ?

The one thing no one noticed was the Lerrin LaGrow card. He didnt have a Phillies card so i had to make one. The color didnt work out to good but i think it was good enough.I printed the altered pic and pasted it to his original 1980 card.