Have some fun right NOW! Opening a RIP card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Believe me Paul. I deliberated for almost 2 weeks about ripping it or not. Especially seeing the Granderson go for $349 on ebay. I figured I may never get another chance so I went for it. Glad I did. Mays goes for around $200 on ebay. Will see how it goes. I enjoyed the step-by-step. Hope you guys did. Thanks

Really ? An unripped Granderson sold for $349 and you ripped yours ? IMHO I think you should have deliberated a little longer. You had already beat the odds with the Granderson. You could have sold it and then bought just about any card that might have been inside. If you're happy with it that's all that really matters, but WOW that was one expensive rip !

Really ? An unripped Granderson sold for $349 and you ripped yours ? IMHO I think you should have deliberated a little longer. You had already beat the odds with the Granderson. You could have sold it and then bought just about any card that might have been inside. If you're happy with it that's all that really matters, but WOW that was one expensive rip !

There is always that chance of a Blue Ink auto or a Met I can use. It was my first rip and deliberated for 10 days. Think I'll never have a chance like that again and may regret selling it and never finding out of what was inside. No regrets. The Mays is going up on ebay. There has only been 1 other listed on ebay so maybe it will do wel. It went for $200.
I really enjoyed sharing it here. It was kinda fun seeing the card slowly appear in the scanner as it scanned the card.

BTW, Check this out-
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/whats-hot-in-2012-topps-allen-ginter-baseball

Last edited:
Thanks for showing off that Rip. Having never seen one of the rip cards, I really enjoyed the play by play style posts. A geat card inside too!

Scott

thanks that was a pretty cool rip i just pulled my 1st rip card the other day nolan ryan in a mets uniform 8 / 10 i really wanted to rip it till i saw one on ebay for 300 plus so i put my on there to see what mine will get. i could used the funds for future buys. but i still wonder what was in it. ;] had it been numbered over 50 or higher i would have ripped it for sure.

larry;]

Last edited:
a little more info:

no granderson /25 went for $350. the first 3 sold say they did, but if you click on the card, you'll see that all 3 had best offers accepted at 198-210. and, the last one sold for 108. so, that should make you feel better.

the first mays went for 193, the 2nd and last one went for 107. none are up at the moment.

i actually hit a /25 cliff lee rip card on sunday and it's on ebay right now. the only other one went for 102. i just can't bring myself to rip it since i'd almost certainly get a 30-40 dollar mini.

a little more info:

no granderson /25 went for $350. the first 3 sold say they did, but if you click on the card, you'll see that all 3 had best offers accepted at 198-210. and, the last one sold for 108. so, that should make you feel better.

the first mays went for 193, the 2nd and last one went for 107. none are up at the moment.

i actually hit a /25 cliff lee rip card on sunday and it's on ebay right now. the only other one went for 102. i just can't bring myself to rip it since i'd almost certainly get a 30-40 dollar mini.

It doesn't really matter. I would imagine the Mays bv coming out this week at $250 sent the price down. I am taking mine to the National (if I can make it) and see if I can trade it for some Mets needs.
Thanks for the info.

Nice Rip card

Nice rip card .Mays is a great name .Yes They should be Auto Minis in all the rip cards .But you got a great name on the card.
Congrates.