Hello from a new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yawnbosc

Prospect
Hi all, just popping in to say hi to the active group here on the bench, I have been lurking and checking the site out the past month or so but finally getting up the nerve to join, trade, and ask questions to you knowledgable veteran collectors. I grew up playing little league ball and picking up junk wax in the 90s, but never as a set builder, just as a fan of baseball with extra allowance to burn at 7-11s and stored random cards at the bottom of a shoebox in my closet. Grew up in VA during the Braves TBS years, before the Expos move to Washington and with no personal connection to Baltimore, so wound up on the Atlanta bandwagon (though the Tidewater Tides were a Mets affiliate back in the day, so it's kind of interesting I didn't follow the Mets more).

Flash forward a few decades, and I've just started collecting this year with the 2023 Topps Heritage set, as a fun way to commemorate my daughters birth earlier this year ("it's for her"...) and finding it a rewarding hobby. It helps that I've had some time off of work and have been watching so much more baseball this summer, too.

I'm primarily into cards with great photography (especially horizontals!) and clean design stylings (I just found out about Topps 582 Montgomery Club cards, and man those mini sets have some really awesome designs, if only the backs were not so boring). I'm not really into chrome cards or high-dollar stuff or chasing RCs or any one in particular at this point, just the base set of Topps Heritage (pretty narrow, I know!). I am working on a list of the cards I have from the set and the duplicates I have to trade, so that I can try to trade with anyone else who is collecting 23 Heritage--any pointers on format or easiest way to share that info is very welcome, I suspect once I've got that together I'll post that in the proper forum.

Anyway, hello from a new guy and nice to meet you all, thanks for having me!
John

Welcome, John. You've got the first part figured out, "What do I want to collect", so easy to get off track if you don't answer that question.

Welcome abord from an old Braves Fan (and I mean old) I remember when they left Boston after the 52 season. Good luck and have fun. Mike

Welcome abord from an old Braves Fan (and I mean old) I remember when they left Boston after the 52 season. Good luck and have fun. Mike
Mike, knowing that, you may be as excited as I was that my box topper in my Heritage hobby box was a 50th anniversary stamped Eddie Matthews manager card! Thought it was exciting as a fan to get that one since he's the only Brave to have spanned Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta, pretty cool luck!

Welcome John. Congratulations on the new baby as well! If you really like awesome photography in a set you must check out Topps Stadium club. Some of the best photography in the business. Enjoy your stay. Dave

Welcome John. Congratulations on the new baby as well! If you really like awesome photography in a set you must check out Topps Stadium club. Some of the best photography in the business. Enjoy your stay. Dave
Dave, thanks for the heads up on the stadium club sets—looking into those this morning and they are right up my alley!
John

Welcome to The Bench!

Have a bunch of 2023 Heritage lying around - more than happy to trade to help you out.
Awesome! Thanks I am just getting around to track my haves and needs, not sure if anything here piques your interest (really just have the one SP) I also have a handful of purple chrome refractors but have not gotten those into the document just yet. Have a look and lmk what you think, feel free to message me directly if it’s easier! Thanks:

Those Braves of the 90s were really good, something like 14 straight division titles. Smoltz, Glavine, Avery, and Maddux were great to watch. I'm not a Braves fan, but it was nice watching them play.