If only their colors weren't black and PINK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

also keep in mind you get the jersey, the pants AND the jacket! You can't go wrong getting all 3! Never see these again!

I've got 4 days to think about it. Someone has bid on it now, though, so I have to set a limit for myself. It's still a much better deal than all those ugly Pirates vests people are selling, but I'll have to figure out what to do with it. I already own a fake Steiner certified Yankees batting practice jersey that allegedly (completely a lie) belonged to Bam Bam. But it was only $35 and had the added benefit of just having the number on the back, which was the same number Dave Winfield wore, so it's sort of a 2 for 1 deal.

I have no idea how to display a full uniform. And if I don't, why bother having it if there's no possible way I'd wear it?

And as much as I like Dave Winfield, I wouldn't pay $20 for a guaranteed game used jersey from one of the more hideous Padres mustard and chocolate designs.

Last edited:
I have a few jerseys. I hang them up in our closet. Not exactly on display, but available to view easily and out of harms way for the most part.

A more fancy. professional and permanent way would be to have it framed into a shadow box or something nice you could hang on a wall.

I have no idea how to display a full uniform. And if I don't, why bother having it if there's no possible way I'd wear it?

And as much as I like Dave Winfield, I wouldn't pay $20 for a guaranteed game used jersey from one of the more hideous Padres mustard and chocolate designs.

You obviously wouldn't find a Winfield gamer at $20, even the ugly Padres uniforms. You obviously aren't a collector of jerseys, but that is a strong market. Nothing wrong with picking and choosing what segment you'll collect. Replicas are fine, but nothing like having the real deal. However, that starts costing BIG BUCKS!!

I would never expect a listing like that to remain at $99. For a near complete uniform, and a Japanese one at that, who knows how often that chance comes up. It may break $1000 for all we know.

When it was still sitting at $99, I went ahead and dropped a $101 bid. This is one of those times where I kind of wish I knew who ends up with it.

It's a pity it didn't end a few days earlier, someone could have dressed as Meulens for Halloween.

You do realize that you will be able to see who won, since you bid, right?
This is one of those times where I kind of wish I knew who ends up with it.

After the auction ends, go to advanced search>bidder>your ID and then include completed auctions but don't check "high bidder only". It shows you the IDs of all the winning bidders (unless the auction is private). This will only work for your own ID. If you try another person's ID, you will see what they have won, but nothing they lost.

This is why I ALWAYS place at least the minimum bid, so I can see who wins if it's not me. I wish we could still see all the bidders while the auction is active and after, but ebay has hidden that feature from us now.

Last edited:
You do realize that you will be able to see who won, since you bid, right?

After the auction ends, go to advanced search>bidder>your ID and then include completed auctions but don't check "high bidder only". It shows you the IDs of all the winning bidders (unless the auction is private). This will only work for your own ID. If you try another person's ID, you will see what they have won, but nothing they lost.

This is why I ALWAYS place at least the minimum bid, so I can see who wins if it's not me. I wish we could still see all the bidders while the auction is active and after, but ebay has hidden that feature from us now.

Thanks, Curt! Great information that I did not know, but can use as well!

Tim