Important find for 90's football player collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but a seller on ebay named spnascar has been putting up listings for 1995 Excalibur Sword and Stone parallels. These parallels were set redemptions that were tough to come by. First he put up bronze (regular and die cut). Then silver. Now gold.

I asked him if he got these back-doored and here's his response:

Edge went out of business in 2000 and they sold off the inventory at that time. I was able to purchase complete sets of the redemptions at that time... I actually didn't have complete sets but close. It was their replacement inventory if any of the cards were damaged they could be replaced. For a lot of cards they didn't have any extra's left for some reason.

I made a thread about this not too long ago and dilferrules suggested that print runs were possibly as low as 6 for diamond, 22 for bronze, and somewhere in between for silver and gold.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=349316

The golds are up now and the diamonds are coming. I suggest you message him via ebay to work a deal before they hit.

Just as an example, he had every single Jake Reed (bronze, bronze die, silver, silver die, gold, gold die, diamond, diamond die). But from what I understand he just had one of each, so when they're gone they're really gone.

Believe me he has MORE... It's not the 1st time he's sold these and probably won't be the last ;)

Believe me he has MORE... It's not the 1st time he's sold these and probably won't be the last ;)

I believe you... but he did take down the two golds I just bought and wouldn't sell me a bronze die-cut because he didn't have any left (if either point means anything).