jaydub 2014 IP & TTM Successes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great job!! let me know if you'd be interested in trading a JP Howell.thanks..

The Howells are all different parallels in Dodgers uniform so those are for my PC. I have a blue Howell from 2013 Topps that is with his Rays uniform. If I am able to get that done later I can set aside for you.

jeff

The Howells are all different parallels in Dodgers uniform so those are for my PC. I have a blue Howell from 2013 Topps that is with his Rays uniform. If I am able to get that done later I can set aside for you.

jeff

thanks..he doesnt go to the UT alumni game very often(i think last time was in 09)...congrats again, those are some great looking cards..

THAT is an amazing haul! Love the pic of Gibby and Trammell. Congrats!

Thursday February 20th, 2014
Oakland Athletics at Papago Park Practice Fields

My first time at the A's practice fields and found them to be rather nice with good access to players. A decent sized crowd with lots of die hard A's fans. I won't get a chance to go back this trip but hope that once the A's switch their spring training facility next year that they keep the fan friendly setup.

Bob Melvin 4/4 (California Golden Bear alum!)
Mike Gallego 4/4
Curt Young 4/4

Jesse Chavez 2/2
Ryan Cook 3/3
Luke Gregorson 2/2
A.J. Griffin 4/8, 1/1
Tommy Milone 2/4
Jarrod Parker 1/4, 1/1
Drew Pomeranz 1/6
Evan Scribner 1/1
Dan Straily 2/2
Chris Gimenez 2/2
John Jaso 4/4
Derrick Norris 1/7
Daric Barton 2/4
Josh Donaldson 1/8, 2/7
Nate Freiman 2/7
Brandon Moss 1/2
Eric Sogard 1/3
Coco Crisp 4/4
Josh Reddick 1/3, 1/1
Bruce Maxwell 3/3
Addison Russell 1/3, OMLB

Friday February 21st, 2014
Seattle Mariners at Peoria Sports Complex

Something of a disappointing day. Missed out on Felix by about 1 minute. Had to wade through a large wave of position players all coming off at once. Another group of position players including Cano, Seager, etc went to another field for running drills and when they were done they were able to go straight to the clubhouse and not pass through any area with the fans.

Danny Farquhar 1/1
Charlie Furbush 1/1
James Paxton 4/7
Hector Noesi 1/1
John Buck 4/4
Ji-Man Choi 6/6
Corey Hart 2/4
Dustin Ackley 2/8
Michael Saunders 1/4
Scott Baker 1/7

Saturday February 22nd, 2014
Texas Rangers at Surprise Stadium

My original plan was to hit the Royals practice but it turned out that today the MLB guys were not starting until 1pm so I had to switch to the Rangers instead as I was not free in the afternoon. Pretty good crowds there and given that it was my first time on the Rangers practice fields I'd say that the facilities are nice and pretty fan friendly. Was not able to get any bigger names but I got all the MiLB guys I had hoped to see. Came close to getting Darvish but of course the idiots had to start pushing and the security guards stopped the signing right then and there.

Bengie Monlina 1/7

Lisalverto Bonilla 2/2
Neftali Feliz 1/5
Tommy Hanson 1/4
Martin Perez 2/7
Ben Rowen 4/4
Nick Tepesch 1/1
Jim Adduci 1/1
Michael Choice 5/7
Leonys Martin 1/4
Jose Contreras 2/5

Lewis Brinson 5/5
Joey Gallo 7/7
Ronald Guzman 4/4
Jairo Beras 4/4
Nick Williams 5/5
Cody Buckel 2/8

Last edited:
Sunday February 23rd, 2014
Los Angeles Dodgers & Chicago White Sox at Camelback Ranch

Dodgers had an intersquad game today. As I suspected it wasn't great for signing as once the game was over a ton of players all left at once which made it hard to get many guys. However as the Dodgers are my team I got to enjoy the closest thing to actual baseball short of wednesday's spring training opener. I was able to get some White Sox while waiting for the game to start but did miss a good bit of the White Sox position players finishing up for the day while I was watching the game. I spent some time listening to Tommy Lasorda teaching the minor leaguers complete with a ton of expletives.

White Sox

Mark Salas 2/2

Deunte Heath 1/1
Erik Johnson 8/8 (California Golden Bear alum!) - was limiting others but EJ seeing that I was a Cal guy took care of me.
Andre Rienzo 4/4
Carlos Sanchez 8/8
Adam Eaton 1/4 (completed 2013 Heritage w/Tyler Skaggs)
Alejandro De Aza 2/2
Dylan Axelrod 2/2

Dodgers

Tom Lasorda 1/1
Steve Cilladi 2/2
Mike Eylward 1/1

Tim Federowicz 1/4
Miguel Rojas 2/2
Justin Turner 3/3
Carlos Frias 2/2

Monday February 24th, 2014
Colorado Rockies at Salt River Fields

The Rockies are my hometown team at least since midseason 2012 so it was nice to take a day and try to get as many of the local boys before the season starts as I tend to try and get the visitors when I'm at Coors Field. At first I was alone save one older couple, then a bit later seemingly all retirees showed up, then later a number of families came. Things didn't pick up for awhile but in the last hour or so I was able to get a ton of guys as they came off the practice fields including the big guns Gray and Butler so a good day out there.

Walt Weiss 2/4

Chad Bettis 4/8
Eddie Butler 3/8, OMLB
Tyler Chatwood 1/3
Jorge De La Rosa 1/5
Jonathan Gray 2/2, OMLB
Jordan Lyles 1/1
Franklin Morales 2/2
Pedro Hernandez 1/1
Scott Oberg 4/4
Jordan Pacheco 2/2
Nolan Arenado 1/4
Troy Tulowitzki 2/4 !!
Brandon Barnes 2/2
Charle Blackmon 2/2
Ryan Casteel 2/2
Tom Murphy 2/2
Paul Janish 1/1
Rafael Ynoa 1/1
Tim Wheeler 2/2
David Dahl 8/8
Rosell Herrera OMLB

Tuesday February 25th, 2014
Seattle Mariners at Peoria Sports Complex

I sorta whiffed on my first try at Mariners camp so tried again. Unfortunately today virtually all of the pitchers came off the field all at once so it was not a good situation for getting good numbers. I stuck around though and was at least able to get some position players which didn't happen last time I was there. Felix signed again but only for a short while and he did not come to where I was standing. Cano signed also just for a short time and the scrum for him was not worth it to me.

Rick Waits 4/4
Jason Phillips 1/1

Lucas Luetge 1/1
James Paxton 2/2
Logan Morrison 3/3
Brad Miller 2/2
Kyle Seager 3/5
Dustin Ackley 1/3
Michael Saunders 1/3
John Buck 2/2
Endy Chavez 3/3

Los Angeles Dodgers at Camelback Ranch

I rushed over to Dodgers camp from the Mariners in hopes the practice was going long today but when I got there there looked to be nobody left. I did see a crowd of people though so I went in and as it turned out people were all waiting for the Cubans - Alexander Guerrero was coming in and also Yasiel Puig. I was not able to get Guerrero there but was able to get Puig on a pencil drawing my wife drew of Puig which we've been trying to get signed for a half season. He started on the other side of the line and when he turned to the side I was on he came straight away to sign the drawing once he saw it so felt good about that. Puig ended up signing I'd say around 60-70 items so those that stayed to the end were treated. I stuck around and tried the parking lot since I had some time to kill and picked up a few others.

Davey Lopes 1/1

Zach Lee 2/2
Dee Gordon 1/1
Alexander Guerrero OMLB
Yasiel Puig - autographed my wife's pencil drawing

Puig-sketch_zpsdc9ca8fc.jpg

Wednesday February 26th, 2014

I had to take my mother to an appointment in the middle of the day so couldn't stay long enough at Camelback Ranch in the morning to get much. I did get a few White Sox as well as Donnie at the Dodgers camp. After finishing up with my mom I went to the first game of spring training between the Dodgers and the Dbacks. It was a pretty full house and my first time at Salt River Fields.

Joe McEwing 1/1

Jose Abreu OMLB
Adam Dunn 1/1
Trayce Thompson 1/1
Leury Garcia 1/1

Don Mattingly 1/1

Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks at Salt River Fields

Clint Robinson 1/1
Nick Buss 5/5

Thursday February 27th, 2014

My last day in town I decided to stick with the Dodgers and White Sox camp. It turned out that the White Sox did not have a regular practice and so there were only a small amount of players around. I did manage to get a few more nonetheless. I tried to wait out Mark McGwire this time as I had been in the wrong place once or twice but today he did not sign as the team came out for practice. I picked up a few more of the coaches I had been looking for and also finally got some of my Matt Magill cards done. I also finally got a Kemp as he signed after he wrapped practice. I stayed for the game and just missed out on Hanley, on Adrian Gonzalez, and on Dee Gordon by virtue of just being in the wrong place. Still I got a ton of great pictures and got to enjoy my first and last Dodger spring training game at Camelback for the year.

White Sox Practice

Nestor Molina 2/2
Jose Quintana 2/2
Tyler Flowers 1/2
Josh Phegley 1/2

Dodgers Practice

Razor Shines 2/2
Jose Vizcaino 2/2
Rick Honeycutt 2/2
Tim Wallach 1/2

Matt Magill 4/8
Scott Van Slyke 3/4
Drew Butera 2/2
Joc Pederson 1/8
Matt Kemp 1/2

Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks (SS) Spring Training Game at Camelback Ranch

Shelley Duncan 1/1
Matt Tuiasosopo 1/4
Jake Lamb 2/2

Justin Turner 1/1
Joc Pederson 1/2

Great autographs. If one of the John Buck autographs in a Mets' uniform is available for trade, please let me know what you would be looking for in return. Thanks.

A couple of late 2013 returns:

Noah Syndergaard 2/2 353 days
Brandon Morrow 2/2 386 days