legit patch or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Who knows.
There are other "patch" cards on Ebay listed from that set and the card doesn't say patch...just jersey, so maybe.

Only my opinion, but I think it is not legit. A card like that not being numbered and the fact that the card itself says jersey and not patch are all I am basing it off of though.

I know a lot of the Upperdeck 2008 heroes....auto navy blue card auto/gu cards......don't say auto on the back of the card. So mistakes do happen. Best regards, David

Fake I believe.

The only Fabric of the Game cards that had patch pieces were the jersey number or century versions, both of those versions were #'d. The best you could hope for with these regular ones was maybe a pinstripe.

I have to go the opposite of every one else and say real. I have a Nomar from that set that is a patch and is not the Century version. You have to remember that set is the first year Donruss began producing baseball cards after their 2 year absence. The set is not perfect and I have seen a few patches that are legit (including mine). If it were an outrageous patch, I would really question it. But it is a small piece of trim. Here is mine for example.

sc023a8440.jpg

I collected this set heavily when it was released. The regular cards were NOT patches. The patch cards didn't say PATCH but they were all serial numbered, and part of a subset, such as the previous poster's "career numbers" set.

Boomo, I believe, sells quite a bit on consignment, so it might be a card that someone gave him to sell. That would be a good opportunity to sell off one that you faked or know is fake. Definitely not saying that is the case here, but it does raise questions for me.

Fake I believe.

The only Fabric of the Game cards that had patch pieces were the jersey number or century versions, both of those versions were #'d. The best you could hope for with these regular ones was maybe a pinstripe.

This is what I remember too.

Scobes

The Maddux break down of the product is as follows

Fabric of the Game #43BA no SN
Fabric of the Game #43CE SN /21
Fabric of the Game #43CR SN /240
Fabric of the Game #43JN SN /31
Fabric of the Game #43SN SN /20

So if it is the first one with no SN it could be legit. But I doubt it. More than likely it would be one of the SN ones. Plus 3 of the four corners are dinged up.

So did you get it? I see the auction is ended. even if it is a fake $7.50 isn't bad for your PC.

The Maddux break down of the product is as follows

Fabric of the Game #43BA no SN
Fabric of the Game #43CE SN /21
Fabric of the Game #43CR SN /240
Fabric of the Game #43JN SN /31
Fabric of the Game #43SN SN /20

So if it is the first one with no SN it could be legit. But I doubt it. More than likely it would be one of the SN ones. Plus 3 of the four corners are dinged up.

So did you get it? I see the auction is ended. even if it is a fake $7.50 isn't bad for your PC.
Also would like to know if you got it. Best regards, David

2001 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game #43BA Greg Maddux has no SN number on it, it looks like the ones in Beckettes otehr than the patch its self. i guess if you get it, then it may show signs of someone monkeying with it. but not all of this series had serial numbers. its just hard to believe that this patch would go out in that part of the series run but then again it was a new start up line for Leaf too, as said before. i too will have to say Real on this one.

dave

I also vote REAL on this one. In addition to the great points made above in the 'real' department, I'd like to add the combination of patch and jersey. Most fakes are 100% patch, and 0% jersey. Otherwise you have to cut up a whole jersey, which produces very few prime pieces of patch. You know, the prime pieces that patch fakers use? Why would you put this boring patch in there?

None of these companies are perfect. You get patches in cards that shouldn't have patches, and jerseys in cards that should have patches. I even have a Sabathia that is clearly labeled "Laundry Tag" but it has a patch in it. I don't even think it was an "error" in 2001, I think they just threw whatever piece they grabbed into whatever card they were working on.