Moose hunting, IP 3/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longhornjunkie

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Heard about a Daryl Johnston signing at a local flooring store grand opening... Got up there about 40 min. early and the line wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, he showed up about 10 min early and I think started signing a couple of minutes early. The line never got crazy and I was able to go through 3 times and probably could have gone more. Everybody was pretty chill and it was a nice event, took a break between my 2nd and 3rd times to take some stuff out to the car and grab a bbq sandwich that they were giving away.

Johnston was cool and answered a couple of questions I had for him. He was savvy on switching pens and was helping ask other people in line for blue sharpies, etc. when all he had was a black sharpie at first. At some point they located some paint pens for him. He screwed up one side of a mini with a guy's paint pen that wasn't cooperating so he apologized and signed the other side and was trying to help him remove the other, finally suggesting he take it home and use something to get it off or take it to a hobby shop.

Darren Woodson also appeared but I didn't stay around to get him, wish I'd had more time, needed him on my program.

Final haul 5 sigs on a Super Bowl XXVII program and 4 cards (I had them in a book and he did them 2 per trip).

Sorry for the long read.

Nice pickups. I almost went to this event to get Woodson on a mini, but decided for some overtime at work instead. DJ is a great guy, met him several years ago when he was still playing.

nice..i heard about that signing. it was in mesquite, right?? congrats

Yeah it was in Mesquite, the store is at Town East & Town Centre in that big shopping center behind the mall basically, I can't even remember what that used to be now. An old Home Depot or something.

Vince Carter, Brendan Haywood & Brendan Wright are signing at Academy in Mesquite on Friday.

Yeah, for some reason I'd like to get VC even though I'm not much of a basketball collector, but I'm thinking it's going to be a madhouse.

What was better the autograph or the BBQ?

To me the autographs were better. The BBQ was chopped beef, I'd much rather have sliced beef.