Musial/Sandberg Update - Frosty's GQ Leather Mini Project (HEAVY SCANS!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

How many more do you need? I pick up one of my 2003 timeless treasures gold cards serial to only 10! So I have 75 of the players from a set of 100! So I'm at 75%. Best regards, David

I currently have 77 so 273 more to go. I started this insane run in late August, not April when it first came out. I'll post the rest (the ones I received prior to starting this mailday thread) eventually.

Congrats on getting that far on your '03 set! Being a Magglio Ordonez collector, I do have a '04 (not '03) Timeless Treasures Gold Maggs #ed to 10 (don't ask me what #... :))

That set would be hard to complete with any serial number of the 10. It is amazing how many you have found just #'d 1/10 or 10/10 already. It has to be a little disheartening to find one and then realize it's #3/10 or some other number. Have you picked those up for future trade, by chance, or to have in case you decide to expand the serial numbers to any of the 10?

Yeah, when I started this set, I already acknowledged several factors that would make this set too difficult to complete but decided to give it a try anyways. I can be quite diligent when it comes to my passions. I want to see how far I can get there. I would sometimes pick up examples that aren't #ed 01/10 or 10/10 as temporary placeholders and offer them (plus extra) to collectors who have what I want in trade. That approach worked out often for me but not always, though. I just want to go after 01/10 and 10/10 to make this challenge more unique....you know, to sweeten the moment of victory a bit more...rather than just mindlessly buying whatever comes up, if you know what I mean?

Those are the numbers people often want to exploit a premium for too, so it stands to reason a few will disappear into permanent collections or will be held hostage for over the top prices.

Good Luck, it's a nice looking card set and would look amazing completed.

I'm more than painfully aware of that.... I'm not here to look like a fool and say that I can complete this set effortlessly. :) I just hope such collectors would be willing to help me out more often than not. I'll do what I can to make those collectors just as happy as I am in the end.

I currently have 77 so 273 more to go. I started this insane run in late August, not April when it first came out. I'll post the rest (the ones I received prior to starting this mailday thread) eventually.

Congrats on getting that far on your '03 set! Being a Magglio Ordonez collector, I do have a '04 (not '03) Timeless Treasures Gold Maggs #ed to 10 (don't ask me what #... :))

Good luck! Already got his 2003 timeless treasures gold for under $5.00!! Best regards, David

01/23/12 Yaz Update

Please go to the first post for the 01/23/12 update:

showthread.php

Cheers!

Good Job!

Thanks! I hope readers don't think I'm trying to show off here. I just wanted to show collectors how much I enjoy putting this set together and hope someone else will step in and make contributions in one way or another. It's also easier to show what I already have as a visual checklist.

Happy Collecting!

03/29/12 Update

03/29/12 UPDATE

March's almost over but not without a big update! This has to be one of the happiest updates I'd ever make in a long time... Like Ripken Jr, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get Derek Jeter...because of how tough it would be to get any of his low-#ed SPs due to immense popularity...but I somehow managed to get him! :D Also very happy to add two more Tigers to this set. And I want to thank everyone who's contributed to this fun project! Please enjoy! Already working hard on the April update!

Included: Justin Verlander, Derek Jeter, Frank Robinson (Orioles), Bobby Abreu, Brennan Boesch, David DeJesus, Mark Teixeira, Roy Oswalt, Erik Bedard, Colby Lewis, Denard Span and Hunter Pence.

march12-front.jpg

march12-back.jpg

To see the previous pickups, click here.

04/13/12 Nolan Ryan Update

04/13/12 UPDATE

They just keep a-comin'! :D

This update brings the total to 125. Just 50 more to reach the halfway mark of 175. I want to thank everyone who's contributed to this project.

Includes Jered Weaver, Nolan Ryan, Walter Johnson, Travis Wood, Heath Bell, Madison Bumgarner, Jake Arrieta, Joba "Trampoline Champ" Chamberlain, Miguel Montero, Jeremy Jeffress, Matt Cain & Sean Rodriguez

apr12-front.jpg

apr12-back.jpg

Click here to see previous pickups.

05/19/12 Update

05/19/12 UPDATE

Will Frosty ever give up on this project? NEVER! :D

Here's yet another dozen of new additions. I wouldn't have this big of an update if it hadn't been for Dan (greyminis) who has been patiently helping me out on this project for several months. He has decided to let go of the last 8 examples I needed for my set and has my eternal gratitude for that. Thank you, Dan! :) I'm beyond stoked to have finally added Buster Posey and Lou Gehrig to this difficult set. :cool:

Included: Duke Snider, Mitch Moreland, Evan Longoria, Ben Revere, Ian Kennedy, Buster Posey, Kyle Drabek, Ike Davis, Lou Gehrig, Aubrey Huff, Brandon Morrow and Brian Roberts

may12-front.jpg

may12-back.jpg

To see previous pickups, click here.