My 2013 Hobby Resolution :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copeskey45

Veteran
4.80 star(s)
I'm going to try to be more active in the hobby. I plan on buying 2 boxes each month and hopefully I will be able to purchase my first case (2013 Topps Allen & Ginter). I might also try to buy one box a month and put it aside so I can have a "New Years Eve" box busting party!

What's your hobby resolution?

I like the idea of holding boxes for New Years Eve.

My resolution will be the same as always - continue to work on my Kirby Puckett collection and continue working on my vintage wants.

And of course, get rid of what I have that I don't want for stuff that I do want.

My hobby goals will for the most part mirror previous years.

1. Add another actual game used jersey to my collection
2. Break 225 Lou Gehrig game used cards (currently at 215)
3. Have 175 game used patch cards (currently at 149)
4. Complete two game used sets
5. Finish these insert sets: 2006 Mantle HR & 2005 SP Legendary Cuts master insert sets
6. Add one pre-war auto I don't have already
7. Finish the 1968 Topps set

Dewayne

easy.. add 25 HOF autos that I don't have one of already.. I have lots of needs in FB and BK so it won't be tough

On a personal level this is my goal for this year: Scale the Strat Anyone want to come and join me?

Complete my wantlists without starting any new set. I've been working on a 1969 and 1972 Topps for over a decade now.

As the mid point of the year has passed I took a look at what I have accomplished so far.

1. Add another actual game used jersey to my collection (still waiting)
2. Break 225 Lou Gehrig game used cards (done)
3. Have 175 game used patch cards (done)
4. Complete two game used sets (done)

5. Finish these insert sets: 2006 Mantle HR & 2005 SP Legendary Cuts master insert sets (I have a lot to go)
6. Add one pre-war auto I don't have already (have not found one at a decent price yet)
7. Finish the 1968 Topps set (still need about 40 cards)

Losted 22 pounds and feeling better! Finished the YSL set this year (although we still need to replace about 11 of them) and Buying less this year...but went a large crazy on Bowman! Best regards, David

As we roll into the last three months of the year I am still a bit short on my collecting goals. Hope to complete #5 at all costs so check out my wantlists and let the deals fly! :cool:

1. Add another actual game used jersey to my collection (done - 2000 Mets Robin Ventura)
2. Break 225 Lou Gehrig game used cards (done)
3. Have 175 game used patch cards (done)
4. Complete two game used sets (done)

5. Finish these insert sets: 2006 Mantle HR & 2005 SP Legendary Cuts master insert sets (I have one Leg Cuts card to go but need several Mantle cards)
6. Add one pre-war auto I don't have already (have not found one at a decent price yet)
7. Finish the 1968 Topps set (done)

Put back about 12 lbs.....down to only 11 replacement ysl to complete the set for auction. Trading has been down this year and now starting to pick up. Best regards, David