WTT/WTS Nevermind. Can't trade anymore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierBuddy

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Updated the tradelist. A few '22 added. Mainly looking for Acuna, Bryant, Tatis and Trout. And any Schmidt I may not have, especially '21 and '22.

Well, I dunno why, since I just clicked on it and it came up. Guess I'm done trading cards through the Internet. Thanks for the head's up.

Clicking on the link in your sig throws out an error msg. I just clicked on your profile, went to your threads, then found the one with your tradelist.

Well, I dunno why, since I just clicked on it and it came up. Guess I'm done trading cards through the Internet. Thanks for the head's up.

If you can see it and nobody else can, it probably has something to do with you needing to publish the site, or some other kind of silly setting.

It's published. I click the link, it brings up my page. everybody else clicks the link, it doesn't. so ... guess i'm screwed.

It's published. I click the link, it brings up my page. everybody else clicks the link, it doesn't. so ... guess i'm screwed.

Is it google photos? Is it private still? No idea how it works when sharing the link.

There has to be some kind of silly setting that has to be checked, or maybe that specific URL is for private use only and there's another URL that is for public use. When I visit the site I get a 404 error, which means the page wasn't found. The page is obviously there if you can see it, so there's a setting that's causing Google to spit out a 404 error instead of the page to anyone except you.

If you'll log out of Google, then visit the site, you'd likely see the error we're all seeing.

If you click on the link, then look in your address bar, does the URL in the address bar match the one in your signature? Maybe since you own the page, Google is simply redirecting you to another page when you click the link.

I cut-and-paste the link that was provided on the google page that said "link for website redirect" or whatever. I pasted it into "link" here. If there's a problem, must be here.

Being at work now, when I click the link it goes to the 404 page. I'm not smart enough to figure this out. So, I just won't trade anymore. Not worth the headache for something that's supposed to be "fun"

Try copying and pasting your link directly into your signature and not using the "link" function...I believe that's what I did (I assume mine works).

Being at work now, when I click the link it goes to the 404 page. I'm not smart enough to figure this out. So, I just won't trade anymore. Not worth the headache for something that's supposed to be "fun"

That's what I figured. It's probably because your work computer isn't logged in to your Google account and Google is only allowing you to view the page, but only if you're logged in. Whether you go to that link from this site, or anywhere else, it just won't work unless you're logged in to your Google account. That tells me there has to be some setting you're missing, Google has restricted your page, or that URL is the wrong one.

I cut-and-paste the link that was provided on the google page that said "link for website redirect" or whatever. I pasted it into "link" here. If there's a problem, must be here.

I would agree.