No more case or box breaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas Brave13

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Just informed Ebay will no longer allow case or box breaks since they are a "chance" listing. I wonder if HOT-PACKS are next?

I've nailed some really good cards through case breaks, so I for one will hate to not have these available.

What say you?

Next logical step is to ban the selling of all unopened boxes/cases/packs of cards as they're all "chance" listings.

Next logical step is to ban the selling of all unopened boxes/cases/packs of cards as they're all "chance" listings.

Not necessarily. With box/case breaks you are paying for the specific team on the chance that something of that team is pulled. If nothing is pulled, then you basically "gambled." With unopened boxes/cases, you are paying for the box of that product. Anything after you open it is at your own risk but you did receive an actual physical product.

I can see why....Risk business...Only did two...one on this board and a second on another board....on ebay only if you know the individuals or trust them. Best regards, David

1. Good, those listings clogged up the unopened boxes category on eBay.

2. I would imagine they were banned because there is no way to know that the seller didn't keep the best cards for himself. Do you trust that the eBay seller you're buying them from would send that Jeter or Pujols 1/1 autograph to you, or would he cave into the temptation to keep it because there is no way for you to know?

Richard

I think it is a good thing to do away with them as well. As Richard said to much of a chance that you are actually going to get everything that you should out of the case/box.