Opinions as to why? Black ink/blue ink Yankees Signature Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks21

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Let me know your thoughts, opinions or known facts as to why after 10 years of hoarding these autos of O'neill I came accross one in black ink. I am not sure I saw any of the other players from this set signed in black ink either. At the very least I guess its just another variation to add to my collection!

Black ink
image.jpg
Blue Ink
image-1.jpg

Is it possible that the "black ink" one was originally blue but it was left out and faded in a manner to make it look black? It does look like it has some fading issues from the picture.

I have a couple of Trent Dilfer 1997 Inscriptions autographs, one blue and one black, but I feel like it might be another fading issue there - that particular set was AWFUL with fading autos.

Richard

I think dilferrules is correct- that card appears to have fluorescent fade- someone had it hanging on a wall exposed to lights, and the whole thing is faded away.

Really, the most important question here is, did he make that face whilst signing all of these cards? Answer that question and the ink question just falls out.