Post a pic of random sports or non-sport memorabilia you own thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Non-Sports Memorabilia... my Grandfather worked for Wilson's ham back in the 30's (I think). I guess my Grandma found these in an old magazine, she was somewhat of a hoarder, and kept them... 100 some-odd years later they got to me. The Angel is a little creepy, but the ham looks pretty damn good!
53568790075_ec6f10975d.jpg53568670734_81211daf4b.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what year that picture was taken. If the Cowboy in the background is #68 then it probably is a defensive tacke named Guy Reese who played for Dallas in 1962 and 1963 where they played at Cleveland in November 0f 1963. It could be 1962 when they played at Cleveland in early September but this looks more like a late season game with the mud and the long sleeves.

While doing this all important research, I came across the amazing 1964 draft by the Cowboys. In the 2nd round they chose Hall of Famer Mel Renfro. In the 7th round they selected Hall of Famer Bob Hayes. And in the 10th round they selected some QB named Staubach. And in a real piece of trivia, in the 9th round they selected Cooper Kupp's grandfather, offensive guard Jake Kupp, who played over a decade in the NFl for various teams.

While most of you guys waste your time analyzing the goings on in the Middle East or debating the meaning of life, I research minor details of 1960s football. You guys are such losers! LMAO!!!!
It's very likely that this was from the Nov 1963 game in Cleveland. I was able to confirm the team uniforms from photos on the net. If this was the case, then this game was on Nov 24, just two days after JFK was assassinated. In fact, Ruby shot Oswald on this day shortly before kickoff. Hard to imagine the atmosphere at stadiums across the country. Pete Rozelle is on record as saying his biggest regret was not cancelling games on that Sunday. Here's a good article from History.com: https://www.history.com/news/jfk-assassination-dallas-cowboys-cleveland-browns-1963

Wow! History within history... a picture says a thousand words!
If I remember correctly the NFL canceled games after 9/11.

Last edited:
It's very likely that this was from the Nov 1963 game in Cleveland. I was able to confirm the team uniforms from photos on the net. If this was the case, then this game was on Nov 24, just two days after JFK was assassinated. In fact, Ruby shot Oswald on this day shortly before kickoff. Hard to imagine the atmosphere at stadiums across the country. Pete Rozelle is on record as saying his biggest regret was not cancelling games on that Sunday. Here's a good article from History.com: https://www.history.com/news/jfk-assassination-dallas-cowboys-cleveland-browns-1963
WOW! Great find on this. That was the game I was thinking the picture was from but looking at the picture in the article you linked to, I'm sure you are correct. I can't wait to read that article later today! I have a severe obsession with 1960s football The doctor said it is terminal.

I never put 2 and 2 together and realized that was 2 days after the Kennedy assassination. I think my mind went to 1963 Topps football cards and not tragic murder just days before.

That was an AMAZING article! How about the part where many of the Cowboy players had met Jack Ruby just a week or two before? Thanks for that link to the article!

Ladies and Gentlemen.... The Beatles!
View attachment 97626
Never commented on my own post before, but I never really looked at the facial expressions they decided to give these guys... John's like, "Ya, I'm the leader and will probably screw over all these wankers." Paul is thinking, "I made the band?! And I get to play a bass that looks like a violin?!" George is standing there looking at the camera going, "so I just strum along and hope no one notices me, right?" Ringo just looks like a dufus thinking, "I hit this round thing with sticks and it makes noise?.... wait, where did I put those sticks?"

Nice item! BTW, I really like how you haev the description in the bottom left corner of all your pictures where the item or cards ID appears. That is really helpful especially for more modern cards.

Have you ever heard of the 1962 Tang NFL photos? My brother just bought the Browns and Giants photos and they are really nice. Tang put out a set of the 14 NFL team 8 X 10 photos that year and they are really sharp, I had never heard of them before today. Here is the picture of the Cowboys one.

I'm kinda (I hate the word ****) persistent in describing my stuff. Helps everyone!
That is a great photo! I may have to get the '71 and '77 photos!

Nice item! BTW, I really like how you haev the description in the bottom left corner of all your pictures where the item or cards ID appears. That is really helpful especially for more modern cards.

Have you ever heard of the 1962 Tang NFL photos? My brother just bought the Browns and Giants photos and they are really nice. Tang put out a set of the 14 NFL team 8 X 10 photos that year and they are really sharp, I had never heard of them before today. Here is the picture of the Cowboys one.

There's your boy Jerry Tubbs - can't miss him, he's the bald guy in the middle, #50 - Tom Landry looks so young - and no fedora.

There's your boy Jerry Tubbs - can't miss him, he's the bald guy in the middle, #50 - Tom Landry looks so young - and no fedora.
LMAO! I noticed that right away!!. His name still makes me laugh and his 1965 Philadelphia card (the first cards I remember) is forever ingrained in my brain.

You can't miss him 'cuz of that giant head he's got! WOW! Was he the basis for the Coneheads? I can say this because I have a rather large dome myself (7 5/8 fitted ballcap). Seeing Tom Landry without a hat, wearing short sleeves, and shorts just doesn't look right. Someone should photoshop him right away!

A girl I worked with went to the first game at 'Jerry's World' so I asked her to pick up 2 programs. 1 to look through, and one to put in a sleeve for protection. I didn't know they saran wrapped all the programs for that game, guess they had the same idea...
53569775607_6cc1a6e89c.jpg

Something a little special today... these were my Grandpa's mits. The one on the left is from Sear's and Roebuck's. It has a patent date of 1941. The one on the right is a Rawlings Model H. Not sure when it was made, all the net says about it is that it's 30's-40's. Every now and then I rub them down with leather cleaner/conditioner. I like putting them on and imagining him fielding grounders and throwing the runner out at home.
53572916419_b1e186850f_z.jpg
53572795638_b4821b580f_z.jpg

I'd like to clear something up here, if I may. Alot of people who buy memorabilia say that Gridiron Authentics is not a reputable dealer and somehow they sell fake autographed memorabilia. One item that was a hot topic was the Michael Irvin signed football pictured below. I guess the big hubub was the extra line through his last name with writing under it. No one had seen him sign anything like that before, and Gridiron Authentics was selling the balls so cheap there was no way they could be legit. Well, I can prove that he did sign it this way... here we go!
First: The Ball. I think the extra signage is him signing "Cowboys" but who knows...
53579829779_0c5e5a9228_z.jpg

Second: The Cert. Yes, they do their own certification, but imagine how much it would be to get EVERY item they have signed by so many players sent to JSA. I don't blame them at all for doing it themselves.
53579953065_e1460a0e0e_m.jpg
53578647067_ccf02270f5_m.jpg

And Third: The extra part of the signature.... I zoomed in to the photo of Irvin signing one of the balls, clearly you can see the line made through his name while signing "Cowboys" or whatever it may say.
53579955850_6bc0ec8b57_z.jpg

I had my doubts about the reputation this company has gotten but after seeing the signature up close I'm confident this is real and the company does not cheat their customers. Thanks for reading!
TC

Am I the only one posting on here or what?? This was given to my Dad by Dave Nelson. It was his batting practice jersey. My Dad worked across the street at a hotel from Kaufman Stadium and they became friends over time. My Dad house-sitted for Dave a few times and says he drove Dave's Ferarri, but I never believed that one. When Dave was 1st base coach for The Indians we would get tickets to Rangers games when they were in town and go down to the front row and get his attention and him and my Dad would catch up... I was pretty young but thought it was the coolest thing ever that my Dad was friends with a player.