Pulled an interesting card today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vktwinsfan24

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I went to a very nice card show today and picked up some great cards, including a Zimmerman auto, Mauer auto, McCutchen auto, and a box of 2010 Bowman Chrome. I also busted 4 packs of 2010 Topps Chrome baseball, and was pumped to hit 2 blue refractors and an auto (scrub); but in the last pack I saw black. Here it is:

413b2be1.jpg

Now, I knew since it was Griffey it would bring in some nice coin, but i didn't imagine this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...%2BHMyY4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_967

Was $90 just a fluke or can I expect the same return if I throw it up on the bay? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

- Eric

Last edited:
Wow! Looks like in the last 3 hours of bidding the price went from $15 all the way up to $87! Nice bidding war. Throw it up there and see what happens.

Wow! Looks like in the last 3 hours of bidding the price went from $15 all the way up to $87! Nice bidding war. Throw it up there and see what happens.

I probably will tomorrow if I don't get any offers tonight. Thanks for the look!
Sweet bv on that puppy is $80

Wow, it seems kind of fishy that a card would sell more than it books. It happens, but not often. Thanks for the post!

Personally...I would buy a Griffey Jr. auto for the $90.00...but there might be hard core set collector bidding on these black refractors! Good luck with your auction! Best regards, David