Recent Pickups - AUGUST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rarthur

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
As usual, everyone please post your recent pickups here. Whether it is a base card needed for your PC or that newest Superfractor 1/1, feel free to post it all!

I have had several in the past few days. Starting to get close on my 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto set!

2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Jameson Taillon Auto - Via eBay
Taillon.png

2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Drew Pomeranz Auto - Via The Bench
Pomeranz.png

2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Cito Culver Auto - Via eBay
Culver.png

2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Christian Yelich Auto - Via The Bench
Yelich.png

2007 Ultimate Ultimate Star Materials Rich Harden - Via The Bench
Harden.png

I'll start here
sa10.jpg

Here are few more pickups
IrvinMonte-vi.jpg
1952 Topps Irvin
HarryBrecheen-vi.jpg

ndiansAutoActionPhotosEnvelope-vi.jpg
1949 Indians Action photo Envelope

LouFiene-vi.jpgCharlesGabbyStreet-vi.jpg

I have a few more comming in that I will post later

jason

Finally!

This had to be one of the tougher common Dodger autos for me to obtain. I am finally adding Bud Podbielan to the collection and I have a fairly extensive collection of Dodgers at this point. He's not the last, but I have been outbid too many times before trying to win his autograph, more than any other Dodger player I have tried to obtain. The trick here though was to find a decent item to pay the "premium" on. He has a number of 3x5s and cuts, all in the $30+ range on ebay, but I didn't want to pay that for a cut/3x5.

In fact, besides a nice 52 Topps card (His only vintage Dodger card I believe) or my favorite for autos, the 56 Topps card, this is the best possible card as I have most of the rest of the set signed already (those who were possible, at least). It's not always the big stars that make you the happiest. Podbielan is a career 25-42, 242, 4.49 pitcher, but he died relatively young and early in the spectrum of autograph collecting, 1982. This, perhaps combined with stingy signing habits(?), has lead to an unusually great demand for his autographs given the level of his play.

KGrHqUOKoYE4uJCwqmkBOL37Cc2Q0_3.jpg

Finally!

This had to be one of the tougher common Dodger autos for me to obtain. I am finally adding Bud Podbielan to the collection and I have a fairly extensive collection of Dodgers at this point. He's not the last, but I have been outbid too many times before trying to win his autograph, more than any other Dodger player I have tried to obtain. The trick here though was to find a decent item to pay the "premium" on. He has a number of 3x5s and cuts, all in the $30+ range on ebay, but I didn't want to pay that for a cut/3x5.

In fact, besides a nice 52 Topps card (His only vintage Dodger card I believe) or my favorite for autos, the 56 Topps card, this is the best possible card as I have most of the rest of the set signed already (those who were possible, at least). It's not always the big stars that make you the happiest. Podbielan is a career 25-42, 242, 4.49 pitcher, but he died relatively young and early in the spectrum of autograph collecting, 1982. This, perhaps combined with stingy signing habits(?), has lead to an unusually great demand for his autographs given the level of his play.

KGrHqUOKoYE4uJCwqmkBOL37Cc2Q0_3.jpg

Congrats!!!! I know he is tuff one. Keep the Dodger collection growing!!!! I know I am :D

Jason

One for the Mier PC...

2010 Bowman Platinum Prospects Green Refractor Autographs /199
Mier.png

And one for my 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto set. Only four more left that I need!

2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Autographs Aaron Sanchez
Sanchez.png

First...Nice large Star Cal there.. I have a couple somewhere here

second...I'd like to introduce..miss sally rand...
rand.jpg

August is sizing up as a good month for me to scratch some tough Brooklyn Dodger autos off the old wantlist. After landing Bud Podbielan last week, I came up really big (although it cost me big too!) today with Frank Kellert, Bert Hamric and Chuck Templeton!

Who, you say? Exactly. These are not household names, unless you are a Dodger fan. Some toughies for sure. All 3 are members of the 1955 Dodgers World Championship team. Kellert died in 1976, Hamric in 1984 and Templeton in 1997. It appears none of them signed much, but Hamric and Kellert are much harder than Templeton.

You Oriole autograph guys are probably cursing my name as well...Both Kellert and Hamric also played for the Birds as well.

I tossed in Dodger executive and former big league player Fresco Thompson for good measure too, who died in 1968 while serving as the Dodgers GM!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kellefr02.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hamribe01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/templch01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/thompfr03.shtml

August is sizing up as a good month for me to scratch some tough Brooklyn Dodger autos off the old wantlist. After landing Bud Podbielan last week, I came up really big (although it cost me big too!) today with Frank Kellert, Bert Hamric and Chuck Templeton!

Who, you say? Exactly. These are not household names, unless you are a Dodger fan. Some toughies for sure. All 3 are members of the 1955 Dodgers World Championship team. Kellert died in 1976, Hamric in 1984 and Templeton in 1997. It appears none of them signed much, but Hamric and Kellert are much harder than Templeton.

You Oriole autograph guys are probably cursing my name as well...Both Kellert and Hamric also played for the Birds as well.

I tossed in Dodger executive and former big league player Fresco Thompson for good measure too, who died in 1968 while serving as the Dodgers GM!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kellefr02.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hamribe01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/templch01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/thompfr03.shtml

Very nice dodger pick ups!!!!!!!!!

Bought some stuff from Burbank (boo*hiss*boo*hiss). The auto is #/25. The patches are both #/50. And the Lillys are #/10, #/50 and #/150 respectively.

ScannedImage112280006.jpg
ScannedImage112280005.jpg
ScannedImage112280004.jpg
ScannedImage112280007.jpg
ScannedImage112280008.jpg
ScannedImage112280009.jpg

Haven't had the chance to post on here in a while. Residency has been rough and they have me working everyday except Sunday. But I still have somehow managed to pick up some nice cards for the PC. So here it goes.
card680.jpg

Joe Sewell Cut Auto
card687.jpg

George Kelly Cut Auto
card684.jpg
05 Ultimate Signatures 3/15
card686.jpg
05 AM TotT TRiple GU Auto 22/25
card685.jpg
04 EX Clearly Authentic Dual MLB Proof Card from backruptcy. Figured I will likely never own the original so its nice to have some form of the card.
card673.jpg
04 Sweet Spot Quad Astros Jerseys /99
card670.jpg
05 LCM Certified Skills Materials Prime /25
card678.jpg
03 Ex Diamond Essentials (30 copies produced)
card672.jpg
01 Donruss Longball Leaders Seasonal Sum /47
card676.jpg
00 Topps Tek Gold /10

And Finally My greatest ebay steal of all time. It was listed as "2000 UD Spectrum Jeff Bagwell. What it should have said was
card675.jpg
2000 Spx Spectrum Jeff Bagwell 1/1
and I got it for $3.79 dlvd. I don't think I will ever get a deal like that again.

Thanks for the look
Dan

Ill help close out August with these late night pickups:

1995.jpg

Autographed by Richie Ashburn,Steve Carlton,Bob Feller,Rollie Fingers,Monte Irvin, George Kell,Juan Marichal,Red Schoendienst,*** Wee Reese,Phil Rizzuto & Robin Roberts.
1997.jpg

Autographed by George Kell,Rollie Fingers,Willie Stargell,Bobby Doerr,Enos Slaughter,Jim Bunning,Phil Rizzuto,Gaylord Perry,Frank Robinson,Luis Aparicio,Jim Palmer,Red Shoendienst & Stan Musial
1996.jpg

Autographed byJohnny Pesky,Eddie Pellagrini,Dave "Boo" Ferriss,Dom DiMaggio & Bobby Doerr.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.