Recent Pickups - July

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattfieser

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
All the way to July 6th and no one started one of these?!! Slackers! This is generally one of my favorite threads. I love seeing all of the different cards people pick up for their collections. I would have started this earlier but I have been moving for the last week or so due to me getting out of the Military next month. So here is what I have picked up recently!!

Pulled this and it's FT

2012 Topps Golden Moments Memorabilia Gold Sparkle Roger Maris Card # GMR-RM SN # 11/99
Scan%25203.png

A few more FT nothing special

2012 Topps Golden Moments Memorabilia Johnny Cueto Card # GMR-JC
Scan%25204.png

2012 Topps Golden Moments Memorabilia Hank Conger Card # GMR-HC
Scan%25202.png

2009 Topps Update All Star Stitches Ichiro Card # AST-21
Scan%25203.png

Some Patch PC stuff possibly FT

2008 Topps Sterling Jumbo Patch Fred McGriff Card # JS-FMB8 SN # 1/1
Scan%25202.png

2009 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Patch Jhonny Peralta Card # UP-PE SN # 13/35
Scan.png

2009 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Patch Jhonny Peralta Card # UP-PE SN # 24/35
Scan%25201.png

and a Bagwell PC pick up

2005 Timeless Treasures Signature Silver Card # 5 SN # 3/5
Scan.jpg

Now show me your hits!!

Matt

Matt,

Love the hits, especially the McGriff. Thanks for your service. What do you have lined up? I will try to post some stuff tomorrow. I was on vacation and have been so busy this week or would have started a thread. I love these too.

Dewayne

Here is how I started the month....
red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

ref4.jpg

Dewayne,

I'm going to use my Post 9/11 G.I. Bill and go back to school for a bit. Maybe study Sports Medicine. I'm also gonna apply for the US Marshall Service, DEA and ATF. So who knows! I'm just ready to move on, tired of "visiting" Iraq and Afghan.

Droubaysports- Nice Big Red Machine pickups!!

Matt

Droubaysports - I think you have cornered the market on newspaper clipping autos ;) Congrats on the additions!

Matt - I hear what you are saying about the visitations. I have spent so much time over there I should have a dual citizenship!

These are my pick ups so far this month...

0706201214.jpg

070620129.jpg

070620121.jpg

Dewayne

Dewayne,
Thanks and could not pass these up.. I'm going to archival mount them on cardstock so I can use them in a couple displays I have ideas on :)
I have a McGwire pack like that too :) they are neat

A couple more in

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Autograph Swatch Quad Card # TT-130 SN # 20/25
Scan%25201.jpg

2008 SP Authentic By The Letter Autograph Grady Sizemore Card # BL-GS SN # 1/10
Scan.jpg

2009 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Patch Eric Chavez Card # UP-EC SN # 21/35
Scan%25202.png

So far, a good month for the PC:

MKau50.jpg
MKau.jpg
2012-07-08_22-02-38_566.jpg

...and...this one is not PC, but I was pretty happy to pull it:
BBpl.jpg

Cool Sarazen on a golf ball :)

Thanks. Probably my most favorite pick-up to date...As far as golf goes, there's only about 7 or 8 guys that compare to what he accomplished.

Having died in '99, there aren't many Sarazen signed golf balls out there.

D.. nice as always
sun I agree with you. I have a couple golf mixed in with my bb and fb. I picked up a byron nelson and sam snead at one point

Matt you outbid me on that Chavez jumbo patch! :p

I would have gone a little higher but something didn't look right in the scan...I now see that it's just that the jersey piece doesn't quite go to the "window" border on the bottom, nothing fishy. Nice pickup!

Richard

Richard,

LOL!! My bad! I really just like this set. I'll stay away from your turf from now on!!

Picked this up. FT if anyone is interested. Kinda lame the swatch for a 1/1 is just a plain jersey. I have the Bagwell version and it is a plain old bat piece. But this set overall was amazing so I guess I can give them a break!!

2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Jersey Reverse Lance Berkman Card # TT-145 SN # 1/1
Scan.png

Ha don't worry about it, if somebody is willing to pay more for a card than me, they deserve it! Unless I'm sniped on a Trent Dilfer card I need, then may they be attacked by the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark bees shoot out.

:D

Richard

I picked these up over the past week:

071320123.jpg
(two of the most expensive in the set!)

071320122.jpg
(love this set; one more off the list)

071320121.jpg
(# 5/10)

071320126.jpg
(one is # /4 the other /10)

Haven't posted pick-ups in a little while, so here's what I've gotten in...

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Autographs Francisco Lindor
Lindor.png

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Autographs Cory Spangenberg
Spagenberg.png

2010 Bowman Sterling Black Refractor Autographs Ryan Wright / Nolan Fontana
Fontana.png

2009 EEE Jiovanni Mier Gold Status Auto 3/5
Mier.png

2010 Topps Pro Debut GU Brad Lincoln
Lincoln.png

Got these in this week:

2004 Hot Prospects Draft Rewind Patch Red Hot #MM (4/5)

IMG_0002combo.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Absolutely Ink Swatch Double Spectrum Jsy-Jsy #92 (10/10)

IMG_0005combo.jpg

Thanks to board member koolsterKU for hooking me up with this one (Thanks Kelsey!):

2004 Timeless Treasures Statistical Champions Signature Number Jsy #58 (14/20)

IMG_0006combo.jpg

Cards from this set are extremely hard to find, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to see it up for sale on the Beckett Marketplace. I emailed the dealer (Doug; DRTrading Card) and requested a scan, and to my surprise he replied and said he'd send it to me at no cost; I'd just have to pay shipping. So, many, many, MANY thanks to Doug!:

2004 Leaf Orange County #69 (2/5)

IMG_0010combo.jpg

2004 Ultimate Collection Signatures Dual (w/ Tim Hudson) #MH (07/25)

IMG_0004-1.jpg