Recent pickups - May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattfieser

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Haven't seen one for May yet so I thought I would start it off!

Here are 3 new ones for my Bagwell collection

2004 Fleer Legacy Hit Kings Dual Patch W/Berkman Card # HK/JB-LB SN # 20/21
Scan.jpg

2004 Leather and Lumber Materials Barrel Card # 60 SN # 3/4
Scan.jpg

2004 SP Authentic Game-Dated Card # 47 SN # 1/1
Scan.jpg

A few that will eventually hit eBay...

MarianoRiveraPSA3CardLot.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Her a few BVG i got in:

1954 NY journal Mantle, Reese and Campy
scan0009-vi.jpg
scan0010-vi.jpg
scan0008-vi.jpg

1949 Bowman Reese and Yogi
scan0006-vi.jpg

scan0005-vi.jpg

1948 Bowman Musial RC
scan0002-vi.jpg

1958 Topps AS
scan0003-vi.jpg

1955 Bowman Campy
scan5-vi.jpg

1955 Topps Double Header Jackie Robinson
scan0007-vi.jpg

And an autograph album from 1942:
With Stan Musial, Enos Slaughter and Dizzy Dean + other player from the Cardinals and Browns

scan0004-vi.jpg
scan0006-vi.jpg

scan0003-vi.jpgscan0005-vi.jpg

jason

Nice stuff so far to open the month guys! I got these in the past week:

050420129.jpg

050420123.jpg

050420126.jpg

and this one was much needed for my set:

050420125.jpg

Take care,
Dewayne

Dewayne, insane!! I was at a show today and a dude had 8 or 9 Baseball Heroes /10 or /15 cards of Gehrig, Williams Dimaggio and a bunch of other guys. I wanted to pick something up for you so I could say I helped contribute to your insane collection, but the dude was pretty high priced and not coming down much. So I failed you...... my bad!! But here is what I picked up from the show! Nothing that special.

All are FT except for the 2 Felix Hernandez cards

2012 Topps Tribute Superstar Swatches Orange Miguel Cabrera Card # SS-MC SN # 22/25
Scan%25203.png

2012 Topps Museum Collection Primary Pieces Quad Relics Red Jacoby Ellsbury Card # PPQR-JE SN # 28/75
Scan%25202.png

2011 Topps Marquee Gametime Mementos Quad Relics Gold Johnny Cueto Crad # GMQR-24 SN # 18/25
Scan%25209.png

2011 Topps Marquee Gametime Mementos Quad Relics Carlos Santana Card # GMQR-55 SN # 57/199
Scan%25207.png

2011 Topps Marquee Gametime Mementos Quad Relics Matt Kemp Card # GMQR-53 SN # 39/199
Scan%25201.png

2011 Topps Marquee Gametime Mementos Quad Relics Joey Votto Card # GMQR-26 SN # 188/199
Scan%25208.png

2011 Prime Cuts Icons Material Combos Josh Hamilton Crad # 26 SN # 19/25
Scan%252012.png

2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Autographs Jason Motte Card # GQA-JMO
Scan%25205.png

2012 Topps Golden Moments Autographs Pablo Sandoval Crad # GMA-PS
Scan%252010.png

2011 Topps Tier One On the Rise Autographs Anthony Rizzo Card # OR-AR SN # 175/999
Scan%25206.png

2011 Topps Lineage Autographs Pablo Sandoval Card # RA-PS
Scan%252011.png

2007 Topps Moments & Milestones Red Tom Glavine 9th Inning Pitched Card # 138-9 SN # 1/1
Scan%25204.png

These two randoms an old Vietnam vet gave me for free for some reason

2012 Topps Olympic Team and Olympic Hopefuls Relics Bronze Allyson Felix Card # OR-AF SN # 39/75
Scan%25201.png

2012 Topps Olympic Team and Olympic Hopefuls US Flag Patch Brady Ellison Card # FLP-BE
Scan.png

PC
2011 Topps Triple Threads Relics Gold Card # TTR-130 SN # 1/9
Scan%25203.jpg

2009 Topps Career Best Autographs Card # CBA-FH
Scan%25202.jpg

Dewayne, insane!! I was at a show today and a dude had 8 or 9 Baseball Heroes /10 or /15 cards of Gehrig, Williams Dimaggio and a bunch of other guys. I wanted to pick something up for you so I could say I helped contribute to your insane collection, but the dude was pretty high priced and not coming down much. So I failed you...... my bad!! But here is what I picked up from the show! Nothing that special.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to negotiate for me :cool: I am missing one of the Gehrig blue cards to complete the rainbow (minus 1/1s). Do to the daughter's expenses I have cut back a lot but do make a few bids here and there for the base, inserts and parallels I need and occasionally pick up a GU if the price is right.

Looks like you had a good trip none-the-less! That is a great pickup day for anyone.

Dewayne

Dewayne, insane!! I was at a show today and a dude had 8 or 9 Baseball Heroes /10 or /15 cards of Gehrig, Williams Dimaggio and a bunch of other guys.

Matt, I went to the same show and was also blown away by those cards. He didn't have them priced so I guessed that he was asking a lot. I also had to gawk at the two 1993 Finest Frank Thomas Refractors a one table. I didn't really pick up a lot, nothing worth showing here, there wasn't much A's stuff and the prices at a lot of the tables were not good. I found some stuff in dollar and quarter boxes (best find was a couple of 2011 Topps Diamond Die Cuts for a quarter each) but that was about it.

Good thing I didn't spend much, though, since I won a few nice cards on eBay that I will be showing off in this thread when they arrive. :D

Richard

Richard,

we should have met up!! Yeah I thought a lot of the prices were really high as well. Kinda insane actually. I always look for A's stuff for you to when I am out and about!! I know you are local so I wanted to help you out to since we have traded small stuff in the past. I'm gonna find something for you one of these days!!

Matt

It was a show at the Auburn Supermall. You're right about shows around here being mostly the same dealers with the same stuff, which is why I only bother going to the Auburn shows (10 minutes from my house) and the yearly WSSCA show. I'll be there next month!
Richard

Yeah, I have been to that show down in Tacoma they do every 2nd Saturday of the month in the Antique Mall. It has different sellers then the Super Mall and the Shoreline show. I think it would have stuff you were into mrmopar. Do either of you guys ever hit up DJs in Renton? I usually go to West Coast since it is 5 minutes away.

I go to West Coast to pick up supplies. Haven't been to DJ's. Might have to go to the Tacoma shows some time, do you have a link with any info on dates and location?
Richard

Here is what I pulled off of Beckett online

May 12 - Lakewood Sports Card Show, 8219 So. Tacoma Way, 10-5, 20T - Robert Logan 253-862-1769 [email protected]

I know it is the second Saturday of every month there. You go into the antique mall/store and head to the back left and it's there. Some dudes have some nice singles, other older gents have vintage and tons of set/insert fillers

Got this in today.

2005 Flair Head of the Class Triple Patch W/Thome/I.Rod Card #HOC-JB/JT/IR SN # 30/33
Scan.jpg

Last edited:
DJs is about the only shop I go to anymore. I buy most of my supplies at Card Exchange in North Seattle, but the goodies I get are mainly at DJs.

Do either of you guys ever hit up DJs in Renton?

If I think about it, I'll post a thread about the WSSCA show. Maybe those of us who are planning/want to go might have a chance to meet. Even if I don't go, I may still make the trip down. It would be fun to meet a couple Benchies in person. I have yet to do that yet, although I thought I would have met worldwideed by now with our similar Mariner autograph interests. However, Ed is in the sticks WAY up North and it sounds like he never comes into "town"!!:p

the yearly WSSCA show. I'll be there next month!
Richard

Some of my pick ups since I've last been able to share..

The start of a new Michigan State PC

2012 Leaf Metal Draft B.J. Cunningham Auto
Scan0003.png

2011-2012 MSU Men's Basketball Team Poster signed by: Draymond Green, Keith Appling, Derrick Nix, Anthony Ianni, Russell Byrd, Travis Trice, Branden Dawson, Adreian Payne, and Brandon Wood
photo.png

Continuing the 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospect Autograph Set...

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Trevor Story AU
Scan0002.png

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft James Harris AU
Scan0004.png

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Brandon Martin AU
Scan0005.png

And the first 1/1 to the Brad Lincoln PC...

2010 Bowman Draft Brad Lincoln Cyan Printing Plate 1/1
Scan.png

Last edited: