Recent Pickups - SEPTEMBER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

worldwideed

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I'll start things off.

Alvin Davis Recollection Collection 8/11
I bid $50 but only payed $15 dlvd. :)
adrecall11.jpg

Ain't buybacks grand?! The same card w/o the foil stamping and serial number is a $2-3 card.

Still, since we have entered the age of low serial numbers and buybacks, it's a nice pick-up. A great way to get vintage cards signed and consider them as certified too.

A couple from a late week mailday. For everything I find *blah* about Lineage, I love the '52 autos. I'm trying to get all the Red Sox ones. Just have the Gernert and Lepcio right now. I have no idea why I picked up the Harper considering I don't consider myself a prospector in the least. I figured $10 was worth the gamble if he lives up to the hype, which I view as unlikely.

Lepcio11TpsLinAU.jpg
Harper11BwnChr.jpgCecchini11BwnChrAU.jpg

Does anyone know what other years Topps has made 1952 Topps reprint autos? I know I have this one but not sure when else they did it.

DimaggioTpsArchAU.jpg

I think the DiMaggio auto is a 2001..................The 50th Anniversary when all the other Topps reprints sets began, unfortunately......................

I think the DiMaggio auto is a 2001..................The 50th Anniversary when all the other Topps reprints sets began, unfortunately......................

Do you mean "unfortunately" since Topps has a habit overdoing it? I tend to agree, but I am a bit of an addict when it comes to minis (especially T206 style, though I collect the originals too) and I think the '52 reprint autos look killer. Plus, I collect Red Sox autos on the side, and its nice when thy come out with players who may not have had certified autos yet.

Great looking Irvin!

Do you mean "unfortunately" since Topps has a habit overdoing it? I tend to agree, but I am a bit of an addict when it comes to minis (especially T206 style, though I collect the originals too) and I think the '52 reprint autos look killer. Plus, I collect Red Sox autos on the side, and its nice when thy come out with players who may not have had certified autos yet.

Great looking Irvin!

I mean that exactly....................

A few years back, I would have overlooked this comment w/o much thought, but I have grown to like the newer certified autos of old time players. For years (and I still do), I collected vintage cards signed and would have scoffed at a new "reprint" auto that was certified over the original. Now I want both!

With the archives, Heritage and other sets, it is nice to see certified autos of guys that otherwise never would have had one. I collect Dodgers and there are plenty of decent players of the past beyond Snider, Podres and Erskine that are deserving of a certified auto. I have picked up some more obscure players like Ken Lehman, Billy Harris, Roy Gleason and others thanks to those issues.

its nice when thy come out with players who may not have had certified autos yet.

2001 Pawtucket Red Sox Dunkin' Donuts Jumbo Montage NNO
2001PawtucketRedSoxDunkinDonutsJumboMontageNNO.jpg

2008 Tuscan Sidewinders #17 Trot Nixon2008TuscanSidewinders17TrotNixon.jpg

Here's one Dewayne will like. I got this from a local show from a dealer who I thought was solely in it for the money. After showing serious interest in purchasing this card, he told me about growing up in New York, collecting, and being a Yankee fan. He also showed me a '54 Jackie Robinson in poor condition with tape on it that he damaged himself as a kid because he didn't like the Dodgers. As for this card, he has owned it since close to the release of the product when he initially had it for sale, then put away for several years, and only pulled it back out for sale 6 months ago. He also asked me to give him a chance to buy it back if I ever decide to move it. It wasn't cheap by any means, but I am very happy with the price. Numbered 4/4, matching the jersey number.

IMG_0376.jpg

Here's one Dewayne will like. I got this from a local show from a dealer who I thought was solely in it for the money. After showing serious interest in purchasing this card, he told me about growing up in New York, collecting, and being a Yankee fan. He also showed me a '54 Jackie Robinson in poor condition with tape on it that he damaged himself as a kid because he didn't like the Dodgers. As for this card, he has owned it since close to the release of the product when he initially had it for sale, then put away for several years, and only pulled it back out for sale 6 months ago. He also asked me to give him a chance to buy it back if I ever decide to move it. It wasn't cheap by any means, but I am very happy with the price. Numbered 4/4, matching the jersey number.QUOTE]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Very nice addition!!! If you ever want to move it let me know.

I got a few items but nothing like that!

090720113.jpg
One of my favorite all-time tv shows :)

090720112.jpg
Needed this for my set. Never saw one before previously.

Dewayne

Last edited:
A nice 3 card mailday:

First, number 61 for my set, Jeff Bagwell.
ScannedImage112530002.jpg

Then completing my 04 Sweet Spot run (minus the black stitch 1/1)
ScannedImage112530003.jpg

And then finally, a card that I wanted and a patch too nice to pass up.
ScannedImage112530001.jpg

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online