RF Matt Kemp & SP Jeremy Guthrie Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesNevans

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
SP Jeremy Guthrie is signed for $2,490,000 for this year with a team option for 2010 at $2,990,000. He's 29 years old, 47(10)ST 55(11)MV 65(13)CT, hits under innings and WHIP 1.29 for a poor fielding team. Started strong and faded, but with limited SP options on the market he will be in demand. I want a solid young prospect in return, not an auction so will take the first thing that catches my interest.

RF Matt Kemp is signed for $1m this year, $2m in 2010, $2.5m in 2011, $3m in 2012. Had a poor year for me last year, and may do better with a new start, I have top prospect Elijah Dukes in AAA to take his place. Numbers for this 24 year old are 56(12)CT 55(11)GP 53(12)PW 34(7)EY 29(6)K. I prefer a top SP prospect, but will consider other skilled propsects.

Other players that would interest people as they are cheap and good, just blocked by better players (I think too many try to trade junk) are C Soto, IF Baker, 2B Walker are available in the right deal.

You have a log jam in LF, would either Snider or Cook work for you?

To give up my #8(Snider) or # 12(Cook) prospect, I would need SP Wainwright back!!

I can trade LF Reimold(#84 prospect) for SP Guthrie( who is 29 and soon to be declining).

Let me know..

To give up my #8(Snider) or # 12(Cook) prospect, I would need SP Wainwright back!!

I can trade LF Reimold(#84 prospect) for SP Guthrie( who is 29 and soon to be declining).

Let me know..

No, we are way off. I could see adding a good but not top 100 prospect back. I don't think people's budgets this year are impacted, but to get the few SPs that are better than Guthrie in free agency they will be locking in big numbers long term. Guthrie isn't a #1, but is a servicable #3 or #4 on most staffs, the excess value of his cheap contract for a premium position is far more than you've offered and I'll keep him as a reliever before trading him for someone that won't make an impact for me down the road.

As much as I want to add him I have to many OF right now and giving away my #1 prospect for a player that will probably sit on the bench is not a smart move. Thanks for the opportunity James!

James, I am interested in both Guthrie and Kemp! I am currently shopping CL Joe Nathan and 3B Chipper Jones and most anyone else on my roster will be considered! Please take a look and let me know if any interest!

thanks!

James, I am interested in both Guthrie and Kemp! I am currently shopping CL Joe Nathan and 3B Chipper Jones and most anyone else on my roster will be considered! Please take a look and let me know if any interest!

thanks!

My team is not competitive yet, so I'm not taking on veterans at hgher prices, just prospects that may be a ready next year or down the pipeline. One of the reasons I don't want to wait on Guthrie getting to his 30's before he can help my team compete. I will take a look at the systemwide roster to see if a match might be made.