Ron Teasley success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montserratplay

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
After reading about the Ron Teasley success on the board, I wanted to get in on the action. A week ago, I sent Mr. Teasley 9 of his 2010 Allen & Ginter card, a nice letter and a little bit of scratch. (I also urged him to keep most of the A & G cards, as I imagine he enjoys telling kids his story and giving away mementos.)

I received a signed A & G, and a couple of small autographed pictures of himself. One is black and white and seems to depict him at Wayne State. (He noted on the reverse that his 1945 batting average was .500!) The other is a small color photo of him with Buck O'Neil. (It goes well with my signed O'Neil/Bob Feller 8x10!) He also sent a nice little note on an index card. I'm happy that, even though the ***** Leagues should never have existed, people such as Ron Teasley remind us of what they accomplished and what baseball fans missed out on.