SASE postage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

majdic2136

Pro
4.90 star(s)
i want to send out some 8x10 photos to some players who have won the championships and was wondering how you pay for postage for your SASE and your envelope you are sending out in since the SASE would be inside the other envelope. please help as i want to send out asap.

you can send stamps, or take the item to the post office and have them do postage on it. tuck in whatever it is you are getting back, and maybe an extra ounce or two to be sure you'll have enough postage.

paul

if it's just a regular envelope with a couple cards and letter, one stamp will do. if it's a bigger package tho, you'll have to put more stamps on it, or get it pre postage from the post office.

paul

if it's just a regular envelope with a couple cards and letter, one stamp will do. if it's a bigger package tho, you'll have to put more stamps on it, or get it pre postage from the post office.

paul

yeah its a big envelope with an 8x10 in it so im not sure how many stamps

i just got a manilla envelope back with 5x7 photo and a letter, and a piece of cardboard to keep from bending. postage on it was $.84 x3, so $2.52. i would shoot for around $3.00.

if you aren't sure about postage, add an extra stamp or two. or, take to post office and hand them the return envelope with photo and whatever else you are expecting back. they can can put it on scale and do the postage.

either way, post office is closed monday, so you would probably be better off taking and having them do it on tuesday, that way you will know how much for future reference :)

paul

If you're not sure on postage, you should take it to the counter at the post office and make sure you get enough stamps on it. They can tell you the exact amount...usually about $2 or so per envelope.

When I send 8x10s, I put the photo and the card board backer to keep it from getting bent in a 9x12 envelope and do not seal it. I then have them postage that. After they have postage on it, I place it inside a 10x13 envelope and seal it up and send it out.