Seeking info: 2005 playoff prestige Redemption parallels (AL WILD CARD & NL CHAMPS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Seeking info: 2005 playoff prestige Redemption parallels (AL WILD CARD & NL CHAMPS)

Thought I would try to see if anyone has any info on these older sets. They were redemptions at the time. A winning trade card had to be redeemed for an entire base set with special markings, based on whether the team won the wild card, division, pennant or the series. Because of this, the print runs for redeemed sets is also fairly low, although prices for most of these remain reasonable.

http://www.paniniamerica.net/dspNewsDetail.cfm?nid=61

Since these are 8 years old now, singles pop up now and again, but finding an actively broken set can be more challenging. I actually just tracked down the WS version through an old conversation on a message board and by contacting the owner through ebay! It should be on the way shortly. If you are collecting these and need the WS version, you might try to contact ebay seller to see if they still have your needs: dealsatsecuredsports

I still need the following Garvey cards (#197):

AL WILD CARD (13)
NL CHAMPS (7)

Old message board conversations point to a guy/gal named Chris Kurdelski, but the website referenced doesn't load for me. Anyone know of this person and have a way to reach out to them?

The site referenced was thejuniorcollection.com

While at it, I am still also seeking the bronze parallel to the 1980 Steve Garvey card (#183) of the 2004 UD Legends Timeless teams set. The bronze were numbered to 50, yet they seem to be ridiculously hard to find. I have tracked down 3 of the 4 garvey cards, but the 1980 card still eludes me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i would love to find full sets of all of these , but thus far i only have about 15 singles from the nl wild card set i picked up for less than a buck each about 3 months ago....

as for info , i can offer a little from a thread on another site i have bookmarked for quick reference (though you probably already know this it may be news to others) :

Listed below are winners for the 2005 Playoff Prestige Playoff Champions Insert. Each card is redeemable for a complete base set with the respective winning logo printed on the card. The winners were based on the actual season-ending results from the 2005 champion teams: World Series, AL Division Series, NL Division Series, Wild Card and Pennant version.

Winning Teams:
NY Yankees – Division
Chicago White Sox - Division
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim – Division
Boston Red Sox – Wildcard
Atlanta Braves – Division
St. Louis Cardinals – Division
San Diego Padres – Division
Houston Astros – Wildcard
Houston Astros – Pennant
Chicago White Sox – Pennant
Chicago White Sox – World Champions

Final Set Numbers (print runs , though the cards are not serially numbered) :
American League West - 17
American League East - 20
American League Central – 27
American League Champ – 12
American League Wild – 13
National League West - 18
National League East – 18
National League Central – 21
National League Champ – 7
National League Wild – 15
World Series – 19

thanks for responding. My link actually brings you to the Panini site that confirms the redeemed numbers and such. i'm guessing the draw to busting the sets and selling the singles got to most set holders, although there may be a rare holdout or two...

These are crazy tough. I just completed my set at the beginning of the year for Bucky Jacobsen. There was a guy on FCB that broke a set of one of the tougher sets and sold singles. I forget which one it was.