Seriously Topps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravesfansunite

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I know Topps created the 75th Anniversary buyback cards as a nice little gimmick, and it gives them something to do with a good number of vintage they have laying around in storehouses. I also understand that not every vintage card they use for this subset will be in near mint condition, but I also think they could do a little better than this gem I pulled from a pack.

How about just a little quality control there Topps?

I got two of them in my hobby jumbo box and was thinking the same thing. Apparently no one ever leaves the office to go out and find some nice condition stuff. I have 2 of those cards for trade if you are interested.

I think it is perfect. That is that condition of those cards when we were kids collecting. We really did not care about condition, just who was on the card. Some of the cards we had were kept in nice condition but others were well handled or used in bike spokes.

True in many cases, but they didn't come out of the pack that way. If the promotion was to relive the memory of our childhoods by getting beat up cards just for the fun of it, then that would be fine. To advertise vintage buybacks as a special treat to pull, presumably helping drive sales, and to pull garbage like that it a complete slap in the face to the buyer.

I think it is perfect. That is that condition of those cards when we were kids collecting. We really did not care about condition, just who was on the card. Some of the cards we had were kept in nice condition but others were well handled or used in bike spokes.

I agree, with one exception: if that were a 1952 Topps Mantle in that condition we would all be saying "Woooooooow! What a pull!"

I agree, with one exception: if that were a 1952 Topps Mantle in that condition we would all be saying "Woooooooow! What a pull!"

They are not going to put a 1952 Topps mantle in a pack. I got a 1977 Topps Dave Concepcion that looks beat to death. Even when I was a kid I would have gotten rid of that card.