Set of Printing Plates question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phishmon23

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi Guys,

I am looking for opinions on how to list a set of printing plates. In 2005 I completed the Diamond Kings Challenge and with the returned stamped set you got 2 1/1 cards as well as a set of printing plates. The set of printing plates was the same card # as the order in which you sent your 2005 DK set back to Donruss. I received Roy Oswalt.

I've held on to these for around 6 years now looking for a good home, but never found any takers. I think the set should be worth around $100 especially since these were not packed out.

So, my question is: would you list these on eBay as a set of 4, or individually?

Thanks for the advise!

-Jason

Definitely as singles and put the story in the description.

Roy Oswalt 2005 Diamond Kings Printing Plate NEVER 4 SALE BEFORE

You'll probably get more $$ if you sell them separately. Leave time in between listing them and indicate you'll be selling the other 3 shortly. I say this because you may get even more by spreading them out. Budget conscious buyers may not have the dough to nab all 4 at one time, but they could be solid bidders across a couple of weeks time. I have watched great cards pass because the seller listed them all at once, ending at the same time. I didn't have the money to bid on all of them, so I didn't bid much at all.

Sadly, I lost the same Garvey plate set to a rival years back. A local card shop was the seller and listed them as a set, but I was having some money issues at the time. I held up bidding too high, although I probably could have won. The set went for $120 if I remember correctly. Now they are buried in a collection, maybe to never resurface while I am actively collecting!

also list them at the first of the month. thats when most people have the money on hand to set aside for bidding.

dave

moot point guys, but thank you all for the advise. I found an awesome trader and an awesome home for them here on The Bench!

moot point guys, but thank you all for the advise. I found an awesome trader and an awesome home for them here on The Bench!

"I've held on to these for around 6 years now....."

Funny how when you say "LAST CHANCE THEY'RE GOING" people's mindset changes :cool:

"I've held on to these for around 6 years now....."

Funny how when you say "LAST CHANCE THEY'RE GOING" people's mindset changes :cool:

It's human nature. Kind of like watching someone trying to convince themselves to buy a card. Walk up behind them and express interest in the card, way more often than not, somebody else wanting it is all the convincing they need.