SF Giants fanfest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Giants

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Went to the annual Giants fanfest on saturday, had a great time as always. Got autos of Tim Lincecum, Bochy, Belt, Righetti, Joe Levebre, Roberto Kelly, Dan Otero, Vida Blue, Bill Laskey, Nick Noonan, Tim Flannery, Ron Wotus and Ryan Vogelsong.
CCF02112013_0004.jpg

CCF02112013_0003.jpg

CCF02112013_0001.jpg

CCF02112013_0000.jpg

2013fanfestsfgiants004.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg
IMG_5120.jpg
IMG_5119.jpg
IMG_5114.jpg
IMG_5109.jpg
IMG_5104.jpg
IMG_5103.jpg
IMG_5102.jpg
IMG_5100.jpg
IMG_5097.jpg
IMG_5096.jpg
2013fanfestsfgiants002.jpg
CCF02112013_0002.jpg

Congrats on the successes. How early did you get there? How were you able to get that many autographs? At another sportscard collecting site, someone got there at 430am and it took them 7 hours to get in the park. They only got 3 players to sign.

Last edited:
Congrats man, you always do great at Giants Fan Fest. How early did you have to get there to get Lincecum?

Its not really how early you get there, it just depends on the line. You never know who is going to sign when and where. I have a strategy and it has worked for me the last 5 years, which guarantees I'll get quite a few guys. The line to get in wasn't as bad as in previous years.

Congrats on the successes. How early did you get there? How were you able to get that many autographs? At another sportscard collecting site, someone got there at 430am and it took them 7 hours to get in the park. They only got 3 players to sign.

Thanks, I got there around 8am. I could've gotten there at 9:30 and still had the same success so I'll probably do that next year. I map out my game plan, and once I get in I am quick to where I need to go which has always been key. As for the guy who said he got there at 4:30am and took 7hrs to get in, there is no way that could be true! The line wasnt even long at 8am, but you have to go to the right entrance. There is always one with less people in it. If you don't go straight for the auto lines then yeah I believe you will only get time to go through one round(2-3 players). It was funny one guy in line recognized me from last year and said "hey, I think I saw you in this same line last year, you had the same box/binder full of everyones cards". It was funny

My first and last time trying Fanfest was in 2011. We ended up getting stuck in the front-gate mob for a few hours before being let in right before the end. Just enough time to get some drinks and dogs, sit down, eat, then walk around on the field. The auto lines were closing up. I could have gotten Ashkon's auto, as he was wandering around on the field signing for anyone who recognized him, but I opted to have my wife take pictures of me pretending to steal homers over the centerfield fence. :)

Nice autograph hauls! Do you ever have time to do anything else during Fanfest, or do you spend all your time getting autographs?

Is there anything on the backs of the b&w cards they have at the autograph stations?

My first and last time trying Fanfest was in 2011. We ended up getting stuck in the front-gate mob for a few hours before being let in right before the end. Just enough time to get some drinks and dogs, sit down, eat, then walk around on the field. The auto lines were closing up. I could have gotten Ashkon's auto, as he was wandering around on the field signing for anyone who recognized him, but I opted to have my wife take pictures of me pretending to steal homers over the centerfield fence. :)

Nice autograph hauls! Do you ever have time to do anything else during Fanfest, or do you spend all your time getting autographs?

Is there anything on the backs of the b&w cards they have at the autograph stations?

Yeah it is a madhouse if you don't get there early. i spend most of the day getting autographs, then after I get the last round I will walk around for a little bit and check out the sales. The backs of the team issued cards are blank.

Did they have the black & white cards of everyone? I'd really like to get copies of any Roberto Kelly and Hensley Meulens cards like that. Those cards almost never turn up on eBay.

Did they have the black & white cards of everyone? I'd really like to get copies of any Roberto Kelly and Hensley Meulens cards like that. Those cards almost never turn up on eBay.

I'm not certain everyone had them in front of them. I was able to snag a few unsigned ones of lincecum and righetti, but I can't recall Kelly having anything with him this year. I might be able to check with some workers once the season starts.

Hey, are you going to this year's fan fest? Can I pm you with some questions or pm me, please, I'd love to ask you a few questions on your strategy. thanks, Rooster.