SF Giants team set giveaway (Sept 10th)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
It's that time of year again, when the Giants are having their Emerald Nuts-sponsored team-set night. This year, it's September 10th. Is anywhere here going? I'm looking for a way to pick up the coaches card (hopefully two copies) with Hensley Meulens and Roberto Kelly. I don't really need the set, but would readily give $5 for the Meulens/Kelly card.

I'll be going, but I dont break up sets. Sometimes I find singles left on the ground after the game, if I see those guys I'll let you know.

I would guess ebay gets a bunch of partial sets/sets/singles shortly after the game? Although I have found very little in the way of SGA stuff that I was searching for minus bobbleheads.

The Mariners do that, but they used to (may still do it) only give you part of the set and 8 more cards of a random single player so you could trade people around you for the complete set. You were solid if your 8 dupes were Ichiro, Griffey, Arod, Edgar, etc. However, if you got some back-up scrub, it was hard to get good players you needed. Not everyone was willing to trade their Ichiro for your Willie Bloomquist just so you could complete you set!! You had to try to find the older folks and girls to get your needed cards, and hope they didn't collect cards.

Good idea, bad execution!

If you happen to find random piles of Meulens cards, that will be great. I did find a couple of abandoned sets at an Indianapolis Indians games his last season as hitting coach there, so I know it happens. I figured I'd ask here before just relying on eBay. Took me a year to get two copies of last year's card.

Last edited:
I have no intention of going, but there are a few Giants fans I work with that may be attending. I'll ask around.

---nevermind, I worked it out with a seller on eBay to pick up an extra copy with the purchase of a complete set.

Thanks anyway, everyone. I hope those who went enjoyed the game.

Last edited:
Oh, since I have a copy of the set coming, and I'm only interested in a single card, the rest of the set is up for trade. Here is the checklist:

-----
List moved to the trading forum.
----

Last edited:
Oh, since I have a copy of the set coming, and I'm only interested in a single card, the rest of the set is up for trade. Here is the checklist:

SFG1 Tim Lincecum
SFG2 Madison Bumgarner
SFG3 Matt Cain
SFG4 Santiago Casilla
SFG5 Jeremy Affeldt
SFG6 Javier Lopez
SFG7 Guillermo Mota
SFG8 Ramon Ramirez
SFG9 Sergio Romo
SFG10 Jonathan Sanchez
SFG11 Ryan Vogelsong
SFG12 Brian Wilson
SFG13 Barry Zito
SFG14 Buster Posey
SFG15 Eli Whiteside
SFG16 Emmanuel Burriss
SFG17 Brandon Crawford
SFG18 Mark Derosa
SFG19 Mike Fontenot
SFG20 Pablo Sandoval
SFG21 Aubrey Huff
SFG22 Freddy Sanchez
SFG23 Miguel Tejada
SFG24 Pat Burrell
SFG25 Cody Ross
SFG26 Aaron Rowand
SFG27 Nate Schierholtz
SFG28 Andres Torres
SFG29 Bruce Bochy
SFG30 Dave Righetti/Ron Wotus
SFG31 Mark Gardner/Bill Hayes

Hey, congrats on getting the card. I'd be interested in the Brian Wilson SFG12 and Buster Posey SFG14. What are you looking for in return?

Thanks,
Keith

I'm interested in the Lincecum, Romo, and Vogelsong. Or would probably take whatever is left. Willing to buy as I might not have anything you're looking for, but let me know if we can work something out. Thanks - David.

I'm interested in the Lincecum, Romo, and Vogelsong. Or would probably take whatever is left. Willing to buy as I might not have anything you're looking for, but let me know if we can work something out. Thanks - David.

If you can hit any of the stuff on my want lists in my signature, that would be great, otherwise $0.50 each +$2 s&h to cover bubble mailer and postage.

If you can hit any of the stuff on my want lists in my signature, that would be great, otherwise $0.50 each +$2 s&h to cover bubble mailer and postage.

Clyde - unfortunately, struck out on the Winfields, but would take these 4 for $4:

SFG1 Tim Lincecum
SFG9 Sergio Romo
SFG11 Ryan Vogelsong
SFG15 Eli Whiteside

Thanks - David.

Clyde - unfortunately, struck out on the Winfields, but would take these 4 for $4:

SFG1 Tim Lincecum
SFG9 Sergio Romo
SFG11 Ryan Vogelsong
SFG15 Eli Whiteside

Thanks - David.

Works for me. Once they arrive, I'll post the deal.

The set arrived this afternoon. I'll get the trade posted and start a thread in the appropriate forum for the rest of the cards.

SF Giants team set giveaway July 28th

It is that time of year again! Is anyone going to the Giants game tomorrow that wouldn't mind selling or trading me the coaches card with Hensley Meulens and Roberto Kelly on it?

do you still have this card from last years set?

SFG24 Pat Burrell

If so, please check the link in my www for my trade bait. Thanks!

I do still have the Burrell. How about this Ichiro for it?

2003 Bazooka LOGO 229 Suzuki Ichiro Mariners 1