Signed photos and fading question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Has anyone had any problems with Signed photos and them fading? i have a few 8x10 photos that seem like they are discolored or fading after years of storage? any thoughts on this? Do photos fade over time? does sharpie fade on photos over time? thanks

That would be depend on how you'r storing the photos. Are they in the rigid phot holders? If so, then yes, they can fade, as those are not acid free. If you keep them in archival safe phot sleeves and in a binder, then they will look as good as they day you put them in...even if you're looking at them thirty years later.

Make sure you keep them in a climate controlled area, as well, free from sunlight.

Hope this helps.

yes, they are in ulltra pro acid free pvc free 8x10 holders. but what do you think about humidity and photos for long term storage? im not sure how the humidity in hawaii and long term storage of photos will work out? any thoughts or advice on this? thanks

Sorry, I just saw this, my friend. Didn't mean to avoid you.

Living off the Gulf Coast, I'm very familiar with humidity, and how it can impact photos. I've never been a fan of the Ultra Pro sheets for 8x10's. I have much better success with the acid free top loading sheets you can pick up for documents at an office supply store, or even at a place like Walmart. They are archival safe, and what I've been using for decades. I've never had a problem, and you shouldn't either...even in Hawaii.