Sportlots auctions need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
I've been listing a few items on sportlots auctions over the last month or so...and have done fairly well...so i decided to take a shot and list my 2012 Bryce Harper Topps A/G Black Border RC if your not familiar with sportlots auctions...you list an item and it goes into a pending phase this gives you time to make any changes..when the auction is listed it starts out at 1 if no bids are made it goes to a 2 if a bid is made it goes back to a 1 when it reaches a 3 and no bid is made the auction ends..buyer pays sportslots and
seller gets paid at the beginning of each month

Here is my situation..I checked 3x to make sure the Harper was listed under the right category rookies 2000-now also made sure everything else was correct and it was ..after the pending phase the auction is posted within 10 minutes a bid of $0.25 (auctions start off at $0.00) then there was a bid of $2.50 placed on it 40 minutes later..and there hasn't been a bid since..so i was starting to wonder why there hasn't been anymore bids on the auction..so i notice its listed under rookies 1900-1989 i am now p**d off because i checked 3x to make sure everything was correct and it clearing said on the auction heading rookies 2000-now..now i am very suspicious that the auction heading got switched on sportlots end so the card would be sold at a cheaper price..because once a auction is posted it can't be removed now the auction is at 2 and no other bids have been made.

I am not sure what do at this point i don't want to accuse sportlots of some under handed monkey business but this really bothering me because i should get in the neighborhood of $15 for the Harper after this i probably won't deal with sportlots again and this is hard to do..but i am almost at the point of not even sending the item what are they going to do ban me from listing anymore auctions oh yeah i forgot there is always Ebay.

So if ya care to make a bid on the Harper here is the link http://www.sportlots.com/auction/aucbin/itemdet.tpl?lotnbr=544718 If any bench member wins i'll toss in a 2012 Yu Darvish RC for free a $8 value

Thanks for the read
David

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Sportlots' auctions because there is no search capability. In 2012 how does an online store/auction site not have a search? I sold a couple things on there, but they went way low, so I never bothered with it again due to lack of visibility.

I know eBay is a big hassle and has all the fees but if you put it up there you'd get 100 times the traffic seeing your card. I would never start something with a minimum bid below market value anywhere but the bay because of this.

I mean, I collect cards heavily and even I had no idea Sportslots had auctions. I don't visit the site often.

Richard

Yes Ebay does get way more traffic but lets do a comparison

Ebay: 2012 Topps A/G 30 card mini lot
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-TOPPS-...t=US_Baseball&hash=item3f1a4ee286#ht_466wt_94

Almost the same lot

Sportlots: 2012 Topps A/G 28 card mini lot
http://www.sportlots.com/auction/aucbin/itemdet.tpl?lotnbr=545488

The Ebay lot ends in 9 hours and will barely go for over $11.00 were as the Sportlots auction already higher will remain a status 1 since bids were placed on it...could quite possibly go in the $15-$20 range

And if you click on the history on the sportlots auction looks like a bidding war is underway.

One BIG problem with sportlots is there are alot of bidders who win auctions and never pay.I sell there and my non paying bidders list is about 100 strong.I don't give anyone a second chance,if you don't pay,you don't play.

Seriously! $30 BV?!
I hope I do win it! How much time is left on this auction?

There isn't a time limit right now its at a status 1 if there is no bids on it
in a 24 hour period it moves to a status 2 if no bids are made it moves into
a status 3 and if no bids are made the auction ends..but if a bid were to be
placed on it remains a status 1 so basically an auction can keep going as
long as there are bids placed on it..this prevents snipe bidding.

One BIG problem with sportlots is there are alot of bidders who win auctions and never pay.I sell there and my non paying bidders list is about 100 strong.I don't give anyone a second chance,if you don't pay,you don't play.

That's my big issue i have 3 cards someone won almost a week ago and its still pending payment i am guessing they mailed payment in.

I'm not a fan of Sportlots' auctions because there is no search capability. In 2012 how does an online store/auction site not have a search? I sold a couple things on there, but they went way low, so I never bothered with it again due to lack of visibility.

When I go to the spotlots home page, I can search just fine, there is a box towards the upper left to enter search terms and buttons to search in the different sports