STOP Ruining Top Loaders!! Don't use tape!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I may be in the minority, but why are you complaining about tape? As long as what you are getting arrives safely and not damaged, I see no reason to complain about tape on a toploader. We are trading for cards, not toploaders. :)

I agree with this sentiment. The only cards I have access to are my tradebait (being in the military, I've packed all my commons up in a closet), so I don't have any 80s commons to fill up the toploader. So, using tape on a toploader is a necessary element to ensure your cards arrive safely.

I understand masking and/or painters tape may be more desirable for various reasons, but at the end of the day - all I want is a nice card and I could give a rat's patootie about the toploader.

Not using tape is certainly a personal preference that many might agree with, but I'm not going to give my trades much thought in this regard unless someone posts "TAPE-FREE TOPLOADERS REQUIRED" in the trade manager.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with this sentiment. The only cards I have access to are my tradebait (being in the military, I've packed all my commons up in a closet), so I don't have any 80s commons to fill up the toploader. So, using tape on a toploader is a necessary element to ensure your cards arrive safely.

I understand masking and/or painters tape may be more desirable for various reasons, but at the end of the day - all I want is a nice card and I could give a rat's patootie about the toploader.

Not using tape is certainly a personal preference that many might agree with, but I'm not going to give my trades much thought in this regard unless someone posts "TAPE-FREE TOPLOADERS REQUIRED" in the trade manager.

Just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more.

And I thought my comment was funny! :D

Humor? So you are advising against it? I guess it wouldn't really be cost effective to sandwich the cards between two VHS Tapes, huh? :p

Thanks
Craig

If I trade with you, can I you send me a list of tapes and I request which ones you use? Or is it luck of the draw where I would likely end up with Titanic and Beaches?

RatPatootie.JPG

I may be in the minority, but why are you complaining about tape? As long as what you are getting arrives safely and not damaged, I see no reason to complain about tape on a toploader. We are trading for cards, not toploaders. :)

Read post #43...the whole point is, if you don't need it...why use it? (tape)
Put a common in a penny sleeve, turn it in a top loader upside down like in the first post. Shake the H.E. double hockey sticks out of it and tell me if it comes flying out or sticks out. If done correctly, NO WAY! So if you can keep top loaders clean, there would be no need to even take the card out of the top loader to put in your personal collection.
Don't need it, don't use it!

I did it 3 times and it flew out all 3 times.

The card obviously can not fly out since it is being blocked by the bottom of the top loader. If your sleeve flew out, then your loader is too wide. If you do it right, it CANNOT fly out.
If you load the penny sleeve into the top loader the "normal" way, it (the card, not the sleeve) will fly out every time.

GOOD GRIEF ! Why does The Bench allow people to become members if they can't even put a card in a topload CORRECTLY ???? This issue is much too important to go unchecked any longer so whoever is in charge of such matters needs to be replaced immediately ! I will start the process by nominating bonzomoretti to be the new Top Load Czar ! And taking a page from the Obama playbook I propose they shall henceforth be known and addressed as bonzomoretti TLC - ***

Poll to be submitted in the near future

Don't do it, the tapes may be collectible some day! ;)

I have a copy of Night At The Roxbury somewhere. I'll trade you it for a 1982 Topps Traded Ripken RC. Oh yeah, that tape mysteriously appeared at my house after a party in college. It has somehow ended up traveling 1000 miles away and through four houses. :D

I will start the process by nominating bonzomoretti to be the new Top Load Czar ! And taking a page from the Obama playbook I propose they shall henceforth be known and addressed as bonzomoretti TLC - ***

Poll to be submitted in the near future

...and as my first action as TLC (not Tender Loving Care!), I submit all tape be banned from the hobby, especially those starring Bette Midler (Beaches) & Leonardo DiCaprio (Titanic) as he is not a real actor until he stars in a baseball movie!!!!
I'll have to think twice for Bette Midler then, as she portrayed a catcher in a Seinfeld episode! hmmmmmmmm...
Pepsi for ALL!

If you fold the ends of the tape befor pinching the top
of the loader,it comes off just fine.If you don't fold the ends,
that can be a hassle.The "3M Magic Tape"works great.
Can't see two people each using a new loader,just keep recycling
the funky ones and just move the received card to the loader of
your choice.
As long as the card(s) arrive safely,thats whats important.
Ken

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online