Success with The Original Frank Thomas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O

oldmarine0311

I guess this is a successful mail day today. I got a nice little package from Frank Thomas (the original) today, he has been cleaning out his attic or as we called it his “man cave” because when his wife sees him go in that she will just close the door behind him.
Well today he sent me Magnum Comic, of Brooks Robinson and featuring Frank Thomas the traveling slugger.
I was presently surprised as this will make a great addition to my player collection of Mr. Thomas. He said he found this and a few other copies and thought I would like a copy for my collection, and was he ever right about that too.
I have been able to correspond and even have called him several times. So in a way I have to give a big thank you to my fellow bench member, Tim or DMBfan for allowing me to send him cards from the 2010 update and then the 2011 Heritage, But it’s nice to have a friend in Mr. Thomas too, makes this hobby a lot more fun too.
Here is a pick for the comic for ya all to see too.

Dave

DSCF0596.jpg

I'm glad that you've been able to experience Mr. Thomas' generosity. He is truly a great man and a wonderful friend to the baseball hobby. He's a great ambassador of the game and baseball would benefit from more players like him.

Awesoem

That is so great for you and a wonderful story about your experience. That's what makes this hobby so rewarding. I never realized that about Frank Thomas! Back when I was just "a little shoe" (not the "Boots" I am now) my cousin and I were big Mets fans living in Brooklyn. One day she gave me a baseball that she had gotten which was atographed by Frank Thomas who was playing for the Mets at the time. It was a huge thrill for us, especially since he was one of the very few guys on the team who was any good at the time.
Nice to see that he is still making fans happy.
Congrats.

Frank

Congrats
Nice pick up and addition to your collection
Job well done
Frak was always a great signer back in Pgh when i was a youngster .Must of had his auto at leat a 1,000 times when I was little. Always a fan favorite. My neighbor was one of his teamates with the Pirates back in the late 50,s
thanks for sharing the picture of the comic book
Chief

Last edited: