Teen Stabbed With Fork Over Baseball Card, Cops Say

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesNevans

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
HALIFAX, Pa. -- A central Pennsylvania teen is facing juvenile charges after he stabbed another teen with a fork in a fight over a baseball card.

The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reports a 17-year-old boy faces assault and harassment charges after jamming the fork into a fellow teen's arm while they fought over a Mickey Mantle baseball card.

Investigators say the victim suffered minor injuries.

Police tell The Patriot-News the 17-year-old suspect reacted "without thinking" when he stabbed the other boy.

The suspects name was not released because of his age.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/ar...ver-baseball-card-cops-say.html#ixzz1fP7Xu3WG

Man that is sad. In Tx you would have your name on the news and in the paper. Being 17 you would by tried as an adult. I dont feel sorry for him he should have now known how to think before he reacts.
But then again we baby everyone untill they are 27. By that time it is too late for them to act like adults.

Last edited:
HALIFAX, Pa. -- A central Pennsylvania teen is facing juvenile charges after he stabbed another teen with a fork in a fight over a baseball card.

The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reports a 17-year-old boy faces assault and harassment charges after jamming the fork into a fellow teen's arm while they fought over a Mickey Mantle baseball card.

Investigators say the victim suffered minor injuries.

Police tell The Patriot-News the 17-year-old suspect reacted "without thinking" when he stabbed the other boy.

The suspects name was not released because of his age.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/ar...ver-baseball-card-cops-say.html#ixzz1fP7Xu3WG

... but was the Mantle card damaged during the dispute???

... but was the Mantle card damaged during the dispute???

I don't even know what kind of Mantle card it was. About 35 years ago there was a story in my local town about another teenage fight over a Honus Wagner (yes THAT card) where the card was damaged. There was a lot of speculation that the card was a fake, while it didn't diffinitively come out as such I suspect that even then the value loss would have prompted a civil suit.

...seems there should be a saying about bringing a fork to a card flipping fight...

Please somebody tell me why there were cards near eating utensils.

Or are kids carrying anything in their pockets now a days...:confused:

Fork over the card! I got forked over a baseball card! So many jokes in there!!

Or perhaps he misunderstood Yogi's advice about what to do when you come to a fork in the road.

Yeah I hope it was a vintage Mantle because if somebody got stabbed over a 2011 Topps 60 Mantle or one of those $2 Home Run Heroes cards that would just be sad.
Richard

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online