Thanks Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Has anyone taken those cards to a jeweler to check if they are real diamonds?

I have read an appraisal, so to speak, on another board....

I think these cards look nice, but has anybody questioned the diamond quality or why there is no certification for the stones in the cards? Because they are crap diamonds. I can go to the local distributor and buy a dozen diamonds like those for under $250 (I just bought four .5 karat stones for a craft project that I am working on for my straight razors - I paid $76 with tax)

Its not like Topps went out and bought D- clarity, flawless, clear white stones. If they did they would have paid $2-8k per stone.

Looks like the stones themselves are worth ~$20. In other words, that's not what makes these cards so desirable and valuable. Sweet "pull"!!!

I wonder if that was supposed to go to somebody else and they accidentally sent it to you, or if they had a few Diamond 1/1s that were never "won" on the Diamond Giveaway and decided to just send them out randomly. Awesome surprise!
Richard

Hi Richard,

The surprise was that I did dig up a Billingsley from 2011 Topps, but it didn't say anything about it being the diamond giveaway 1/1. I just thought that it was a 2011 common. I almost didn't have them send anything as the rest of the cards were nothing special.

Thanks,

Hi Richard,

The surprise was that I did dig up a Billingsley from 2011 Topps, but it didn't say anything about it being the diamond giveaway 1/1. I just thought that it was a 2011 common. I almost didn't have them send anything as the rest of the cards were nothing special.

Thanks,

Ahhh...you DID dig it up! They didn't put any mention of the 1/1, Diamonds, etc. on the cards - you had to look at the picture to notice it. I noticed the same thing with the Black Diamond Die-Cut and the regular Die-Cut cards. No difference in the description - the pictures were slightly different.

Great thing you decided to redeem!:eek:

Tim

Ahhh...you DID dig it up! They didn't put any mention of the 1/1, Diamonds, etc. on the cards - you had to look at the picture to notice it. I noticed the same thing with the Black Diamond Die-Cut and the regular Die-Cut cards. No difference in the description - the pictures were slightly different.

Great thing you decided to redeem!:eek:

Tim

Yeah, I had to go back and check my redeemed codes to verify that I did claim it. It still doesn't say anything about the 1/1. I'm pretty oblivious to the details on contests like this. I had never won anything decent before.

Thanks,

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors