Topps Million Card Giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I've gotten past the registration, HTA Hobby Shop entry (skipped) and was prompted for a code but the system chokes at this point. The website is probably getting bombarded.

Shep,
When you unlock your code, you see what you "won" then can choose whether or not to physically obtain the card. It looks like you can also trade redeemed cards amongst members.

It also looks like every card you enter also gives you an entry into a second chance drawing. I didn't get far enough into the site before it crapped out on me to get anymore info on the drawing.

It took me almost two hours, but I unlocked this one:
1964 Topps #274 Checklist 4 $10.00

---and now, this one:
1993 Topps #371 Mariano Duncan $0.10

Last edited:
Topps

The website is a JOKE! Topps knew for months that this thing was going to launch today. 1. They are closed due to the Holiday. 2. They waited until 12 CST because of "West coast participants" 3. The web site is a JOKE! Hey, if facebook, my space, eBay, The Bench etc can have hundreds and thousands of people logging onto their sites simultaneously, then Topps sure should be able to. I mean, there are a million of these cards- at the most and all of them haven't been given out yet! I'd bet the most there could be at any given time is a few thousand people trying to log in.....and what happens? nothing! VERY slowly nothing! After 2 hrs of trying I unlocked 2 1987 cards. Unreal! I guess the first card will cost close to 2 dollars to send, each card after that is around .50 I did see a few 56's 58's and mid 70's cards were unlocked but the majority of cards were 1987's and 2005's. Topps really blew this promotion!

The second chance giveaway is for a 52 Mantle. If you go to Blowout Cards web page they have a 2-minute promo video from Topps all about the Million Card Giveaway.

I have managed to unlock 2 so far:

1978 #531 Tom Underwood
1987 #773 Robin Yount

Not bad - one somewhat vintage and one HOFer. I will take it. I have 8 more sitting here. Gonna give them all a shot.

Thanks,

Jeff

Up until noon (PST), firefox would not work for me, but IE did. Now, they both allow me to enter but the site is very slow. Obviously being bombarded!!

I got as far as the second stage of registration and it crashed on me.

It took me 30 minutes to get past the registration of my local card shop. Hopefully, there afre no real awesome prizes...I clicked "skip" and it let me finish registering but now my shop won't win anything.

I've tried to unlock three. Not sure if I got the last two. I put the code in and nothing came up...

Shep

A guy on the Beckett boards said he got a 1952 Alvin Dark!! Not sure how true that is but hey, maybe there is something to look forward to if I can ever redeem mine!

Having the same problem here - I've tried three times today to get to toppsmillions, it redirects to toppscards.com and then dies.....kindof reminds me of the first days of Becketts (and some recent ones too!)

I've been somewhat patient and able to unlock 7... one from the 60s - 1965 Ed Kirkpatrick, one from the 70s - 1972 Cleo James (a cub!), one from '87 and the rest from this decade, including a Pujols from '03. Still very buggy, but I'm patiently working through it and having fun. It's like sllllllloooooowly opening a single card pack. Kind of fun!

Edit - BTW, when the site gets better, I'll trade any of you for Cubs you may get!

I wonder if, with enough trading and enough of these cards, if anyone is going to try to put together a base set of, like, '87 Topps...

Card #8 = 2005 Vinny Castilla