TTMS….. to pay or not to pay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrmopar, send me a list of 5-10 guys you would be interested in and I will work on them

I don't have an active list going. My ultimate goal is to have a Dodger card signed, but some don't have Dodger cards or they are oddballs. Sometimes I get a signature on another item, like a photo or 3x5 that suffices.

A couple of the guys I don't have at all are:

Noe Munoz
Bob Giallombardo

Then there are those that I have, but not on the desired item, which is massive, but top of my head:

Solly Drake
Will Brunson
Ricky Wright
Mark Bradley
Cecil Espy
Bob O'Brien

Mostly these are guys who played 80s or before.

I need to take the time to go back through the rosters and make a better list. I just clicked on 1984, for example, and would like to be able to get Ed Amelung, Rich Rodas and Lemmie Miller on some Dodger Minors cards, since none have MLB cards that I am aware of.

For the record I have no objections to players that want to charge for their signature, that is not the topic I brought up. But since it has now taken a life of it's own I would like to say that I am right there with all of you with the harsh conditions of MLB players before big phat contracts and the work that Curt Flood & Bill Lee did to loosen the grip of the club owners grip on player contracts.
I am also aware that during those times it was not uncommon for players to have off season jobs like pumping gas at a filling station. There is an organization out there that offers aide to low income MLB players, probably by a case-by-case circumstance, but that is a mere band aid for most cases.
What really should be happening is the current MLB players that have these contracts for more money than a conscientious person could ever spend in their lifetime, pay it forward to a fund that helps these pioneering players who were on the front line and made it possible for current players to earn big. Something like one or two percent of any contract over $80K/yr. into a fund. That is the crusade that Mr. Ozzie Smith should be shouldering if he wants a national cause. I've said my piece, over and out…..