Unexpected Mailday (or Why I Love My Hobby Shop)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewcstein

MVP
5.00 star(s)
First off, my scanner isn't working, so if you don't want to read a mailday story without a scan, keep on moving :)

So the other day I came home and found a certified mail notice from the PO. I didn't think much of it at first, but the next day I noticed it said Topps on it. Immediate intrigue.

I had no idea what it could be - I finally realized that last month I pulled a Topps Vault redemption in a pack of Archives (or whatever it's called now). I had taken it to the hobby shop, and they didn't have anything for me. Turns out they didn't get everything they needed from Topps, and couldn't fulfill any more requests. The guy gave me another vintage card and a few assorted inserts, and told me to put down my info so he could tell his Topps rep.

So at this point, I'm expecting a Topps buyback redemption of some sort. Nope. 2011 Bowman Platinum Matt Harvey Auto! They know I'm a huge Mets fan, and must have told Topps. I've been wanting a Harvey auto for a while, too, so this is perfect.

Anyway, I loved my hobby shop before, for all the little things they do when kids come in, but I love them even more now :)

Thanks for the read,
Andrew

That's pretty awesome Andrew. Wanna get a Harvey auto myself but I think I'll wait for the off-season.

Always support your local card shop.

Brett

Nice story with a happy ending! Speaking of Harvey auto....I gave my hobby store a redemption card of Harvey auto from the platinum 2011 and Just got it back a few days ago! My was serial 77/399. Best regards, David