what does this mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I sold a huge lot of cards of e-bay and sent the box out the other day with DC and it was delieved today but it says this:
Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 9:53 am on May 04, 2012 in NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89031. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.

I'm guessing you put the wrong address on it or forgot to put part of it on the package.

Yea. i just checked the addy and all is right by e-bay. I just sent a message to the buyer. Now i have to wait to see.

it also means that the package was NOT delivered today and will only be returned if you have a valid and legible return address on it....(i emphasize the latter because i'd estimate that 25% of all packages i get from ebay sellers - over 3000 in the past 5 years - have either NO return address or or one that can't be read....)

it also means that the package was NOT delivered today and will only be returned if you have a valid and legible return address on it....(i emphasize the latter because i'd estimate that 25% of all packages i get from ebay sellers - over 3000 in the past 5 years - have either NO return address or or one that can't be read....)
i made sure it was all printed clearly. I wonder if the PO knows what is up..

Did the seller move and forget to change his address? the post office would forward any mail to there new address unless he never notified them.

Also did you mail using PayPal shipping service..or did you mail directly from the post office..if you did are you sure you copied the address down correctly..i would contact the buyer and let them know what's going on.

what it means is that your getting your package back, your going to have to verify the address (maybe type it out) and repay postage to get it to your buyer. and ultimaitly loose out on some of that profit. sucks but it happens.

Why not use ebay/paypal shipping label with EXACT mailing address from and to (as provided by both seller/buyer) PLUS tracking is uploaded automatically?

Unless it's international, it's the only way to go.

Did the seller move and forget to change his address? the post office would forward any mail to there new address unless he never notified them.

Also did you mail using PayPal shipping service..or did you mail directly from the post office..if you did are you sure you copied the address down correctly..i would contact the buyer and let them know what's going on.

I sent the package through USPS with DC. I am a but freaky with checking what i put in and on the package. I check it 4 or 5 times over and over just to make sure i got the addy printed right and spelled right. I contacted the buyer and now i have to wait. I wonder if the package didnt fit in his mailbox and they left a note to pick it up at the PO.

what it means is that your getting your package back, your going to have to verify the address (maybe type it out) and repay postage to get it to your buyer. and ultimaitly loose out on some of that profit. sucks but it happens.
There was no profit. i charged 4 bucks shipping and it cost me 11 bucks to send it out....

Why not use ebay/paypal shipping label with EXACT mailing address from and to (as provided by both seller/buyer) PLUS tracking is uploaded automatically?

Well, im new to selling on e-bay. I buy all the time but not sell. I dont know how to print out the lable or what to use. But i know i got the addy right...

Well, im new to selling on e-bay. I buy all the time but not sell. I dont know how to print out the lable or what to use. But i know i got the addy right...

the checklist to know whether printing your own labels is the right option for you :

you sell cards online (ebay in this case) ? yes
you accept pay pal (a must for ebay sellers) ? yes
you want to save money ? yes
you want to be covered in a pay pal dispute ? yes

that leaves only one question left ...
do you have a printer and paper ? (i'd assume yes)

all you have to do to print a pay pal mailing label for an item sold on ebay is go to your pay pal account and on the line for the item in question choose either the option print label or you can click the transaction details link to open and view everything ...once inside the transaction you will also have links to print the label as well as packing slips.....

once you've hit the option to print label the address will already be filled in (99% of the time it will be correct but on rare occasions there will be a minor discrepancy that you'll have to handle on a case by case basis)....aside from that you'll just need to make sure the following details are correct :
- method of delivery (ie , 1st class parcel which would include bubble mailers or small boxes UP TO 13 ounces , flat rate box , small flat rate box , etc)
- weight of package (for non-flat rate boxes ....always round up : 3.1 ounces = 4 ounce package....also , for domestic packages there is NO DIFFERENCE in postage cost for a package of 1 , 2 , or 3 ounces so there's no need to try to save money by calling it 1 or 2 ounces)
- insurance (usually not needed , but the option is on every label)
- display postage cost ? (usually no)

you don't need special paper ....plain white printer paper will do just fine...after printing the label (which will be accompanied by a nice detailed receipt) simply cut out and attache the label to the package (be sure you don't put tape over the scannable bar code as it makes them almost impossible for the handheld scanners to read them)....finally just put the package in your box with any other outgoing mail and it will be picked up your carrier ...(if you use a PO box and don't get home delivery , you still have the option of clicking a link on the pay pal page to request a carrier pick-up)

the 3 major benefits of this method :

- you don't have to go to or wait in line at a post office .....saves time and money
- every domestic package includes delivery confirmation for free....it may not guarantee the package was delivered to the CORRECT address , but DC is still one of the only ways to cover yourself for claims of non-receipt in pay pal cases
- it's CHEAPER....a 3-ounce package mailed from the post office will run you 1.95 WITHOUT DC (2.70 with DC added) compared to only 1.64 WITH DC when you print your label online....

hope this helps....

Thanks for the info. i guess i will have to go that way if im going to start to sell more and more on e-bay. I have not heared back from the buyer as of yet..

I ship via the ebay multi ship tool all the time if i send any kind of package its easier to just print tape and ship too. and yea if you dont know the tool is there its hard to use it now isnt it. i made that mistake alot before someone here told me about the tool too lol. well guess its a lesson learned for both of us now.

hope it all gets figured out for ya soon too.,
dave

I ship via the ebay multi ship tool all the time if i send any kind of package its easier to just print tape and ship too. and yea if you dont know the tool is there its hard to use it now isnt it. i made that mistake alot before someone here told me about the tool too lol. well guess its a lesson learned for both of us now.

hope it all gets figured out for ya soon too.,
dave
Thanks. I am so very strict on checking the adress. I check it 3-4 times and have someone else check it for me just to make sure. im **** like that. I wish he would e-mail me back soon....

It's the way to go for international too. USPS eliminated many shipping options awhile back so there's really no way to cut costs any more, plus the customs form is already filled out on the label, plus the usual benefits of lower cost paying online and dc included.

It's the way to go for international too. USPS eliminated many shipping options awhile back so there's really no way to cut costs any more, plus the customs form is already filled out on the label, plus the usual benefits of lower cost paying online and dc included.

I dont care to ship out of the USA. Too much junk can go wrong.
I did hear back from the guy and the adress I used was right. i guess I will have to wait to see what they put on the package when it arrives back here.