What's up with Dean's Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I visited this site for the first time today and I can't get a grasp of what they are doing. The prices are not even in the ballpark (IMO) to what Beckett guidelines are...so I thought they were graded prices and so I clicked on the "graded only" option and everything went away. That just means that my theory was shot and I was looking at raw prices, not graded prices.

Any feedback appreciated.

Agreed! Looks kind of suspicious in terms of their inventory, with near complete sets of fairly rare cards.....no judgment on my part, but seems odd.....

Based off the way they are assigned grade numbers to raw cards are they basicially telling you what you can get from PSA, Beckett, etc. in anticipation of what you'd get grading these raw cards.

Checked out their site a few times...but never brought anything from them. Best regards, David

I can see why. I have a friend that hasn't been collecting for awhile and I think he thinks he can sell on that site for what appear to me as ridiculous prices. I'm still scratching my head about their pricing structure, most cards I looked up are way way over book value if they are mid-high grade. Even the P/G/F cards are close to high Beckett....how does that make sense??

I wasnt sure, is it like COMC? As in a consignment site?

I don't know for sure, it looks like it because they have 20 cards of the same thing in some cases by different sellers. I didn't spend a lot of time on there because I thought everything looked crazy, was hoping someone on the Bench could give me the 411 on it but its not looking that way.

Hmmm, I wouldnt trust it, but I dont think you do! Not telling you anything new, "caveat emptor" I suppose as with everything!