When is the best time of year to sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smckinney

Prospect
I am liquidating my lifetime collection (I am 63). I am probably going to sell it different was, eBay, Facebook and forums like this. I will probably sell some individually, some by lots and some by sets. I have mostly, baseball and football. I have started by trying to sell the sets and lots. My question is when is the best time to sell? I am thinking about slow sells for the next 6 weeks then going pretty baseball since Spring training is just around the corner. Then working hard at selling the Football stuff say the first of July. Anyone have any thoughts?

THe best time to sell was during the pandemic especially in 2020 and 2021 when card values just exploded to heights I never thought I'd see. Sadly, the card market has sofened some since then.

Since you seem to be selling older (or non current) cards I don't think the time of year makes much difference at least it never did for me. My buying habits have always been very consistant and the only factor for me was if tt was a good deal or not.

Like I said before, I think seasonal interest only holds for the new products coming out. Baseball fans get exceited for the new baseball releases as do fans of football, basketball etc. etc for their respective sports.

I'm curious to see if others have differing opinions on this subject. Most here seem very consistant in their enthusiaim for the hobby. Good luck on your sales!

THe best time to sell was during the pandemic especially in 2020 and 2021 when card values just exploded to heights I never thought I'd see. Sadly, the card market has sofened some since then.

Since you seem to be selling older (or non current) cards I don't think the time of year makes much difference at least it never did for me. My buying habits have always been very consistant and the only factor for me was if tt was a good deal or not.

Like I said before, I think seasonal interest only holds for the new products coming out. Baseball fans get exceited for the new baseball releases as do fans of football, basketball etc. etc for their respective sports.

I'm curious to see if others have differing opinions on this subject. Most here seem very consistant in their enthusiaim for the hobby. Good luck on your sales!
For current stuff, it is best to sell when the player is doing really well
(on fire) of just did something historic.