Why is permission for team breaks so restricted???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eliatack

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I have been wanting to do team breaks, and I was told that if I contacted
Shaggy, that he would be pretty cool with it. I tried to contact shaggy but
he has not responded yet, and I have been told by the staff of this site that no one
else is allowed to be approved for team breaks. I did not think it was a big
deal. Can someone tell me why this is the case?

Last edited:
No clue here, but I know other sites only allow well established members to do breaks as they want to minimize the chances of things going south. There are numerous and breaks always available, are the current breaks not meeting your need? Not sure this site needs more breakers, if anything it needs more participants in breaks.

No clue here, but I know other sites only allow well established members to do breaks as they want to minimize the chances of things going south. There are numerous and breaks always available, are the current breaks not meeting your need? Not sure this site needs more breakers, if anything it needs more participants in breaks.
Yes, they are not really meeting my needs, and I thought it
would be fun. I have really wanted to do this! I am established
nicely and I think that one I get a reaction score of 100-150
and about 50-60 bench points (if things don't really change) to
approach them again and see what they say.

They prbably do not have as many participants because a
lot of the breaks are panini or cards from 2022

Grapler has recently completed multiple breaks from Update, Tier One & Archives, Zlw just did Ginter X and mechjo just did a nice blaster mixer. The reason why Panini products are popular here, is due to pricing. What type of breaks are you looking to do?

Grapler has recently completed multiple breaks from Update, Tier One & Archives, Zlw just did Ginter X and mechjo just did a nice blaster mixer. The reason why Panini products are popular here, is due to pricing. What type of breaks are you looking to do?
I participated in the j-rod/archives/update breaks. I am looking to do fire, gypsy queen
and a few new releases. I will probably put out a poll on what box people want
to break and go from there. I have a pretty good idea of what people want after
all the trades I have done and breaks that I have watched and participated.

Just curious, why do you want to know?

So I can make the point that bostonsox77 tried to do similar breaks of recent releases and creating polls. Feel free to go through Group Break section and see how many didn't fill.

So I can make the point that bostonsox77 tried to do similar breaks of recent releases and creating polls. Feel free to go through Group Break section and see how many didn't fill.
I have seen, he was doing ginter and chrome, which are not very
promising. Ginter has to many non sports cards and he is charging
to much. And topps chrome just has to few cards. zl1, grappler, gwynfan,
and mechjo16 fill up in a few days, at most a week. I am not trying to argue,
I would just love to do breaks!

BO Wave = Blowout November Wave Sales.

I would recommend that you are transparent that boxes will be sourced from eBay.

I have been wanting to do team breaks, and I was told that if I contacted
Shaggy, that he would be pretty cool with it. I tried to contact shaggy but
he will not respond and I have been told by the staff of this site that no one
else is allowed to be approved for team breaks. I did not think it was a big
deal. Can someone tell me why this is the case?

The easy answer to this is -- it is his site, he makes the rules. The mods simply do their best to keep things running smoothly on a day to day basis.

The mods always have this discussion when someone new asks about breaking - and inevitably the discussion circles back to, will the membership here on The Bench support another breaker and the answer is always the same - no. The latest who was given permission has had exceedingly limited success. The ones that have done well are veteran members of the site and have cultivated an audience.

Newer members who push super hard to be included, whether fair or not, could be potentially seen as scammers, since they don't have the history with the site.

Last point is also an easy one - just because you reach out to someone here and they don't get back to you in the timeframe that you like, doesn't mean they are ignoring you or blowing off your questions. It just means that maybe they are busy with something else - for the majority of us, this is just a hobby and not a full time gig, so we jump on and work on stuff when we can. On our timeline, not anyone elses.

Patience is a virtue.

For starters I think you have to have a 5.0 rating to do breaks and you only have a 4.9 which with the small number of transactions you've done is a terrible rating. You've been knocked on packaging and shipping time, which would lead me to believe you would have a very hard time filling breaks even if you were allowed to do them.

I also believe if you stated in your post that you were buying boxes from eBay people would avoid your breaks as well.

I've been in this hobby for a long time so you might want to shelve this idea for a while until you come up with a better plan and build up your rating so people will have confidence in dealing with you.

For starters I think you have to have a 5.0 rating to do breaks and you only have a 4.9 which with the small number of transactions you've done is a terrible rating. You've been knocked on packaging and shipping time, which would lead me to believe you would have a very hard time filling breaks even if you were allowed to do them.

I also believe if you stated in your post that you were buying boxes from eBay people would avoid your breaks as well.

I've been in this hobby for a long time so you might want to shelve this idea for a while until you come up with a better plan and build up your rating so people will have confidence in dealing with you.
Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited: