WHY on topps chromes ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEONOFNJ

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Anyone know the reason why topps chromes and Bowman chromes are curling up so much . And have any idea how to fix it.
My guess is they are using a cheaper grade of paper. As soon as you open the packs, they start to curl.

Anyone know the reason why topps chromes and Bowman chromes are curling up so much . And have any idea how to fix it.
My guess is they are using a cheaper grade of paper. As soon as you open the packs, they start to curl.

The theory that I have heard is that they apply the chrome coating too soon after printing.

There's been many discussions about this, from putting them in the freezer (I wouldn't), putting heavy books on them, etc....

I opened alot of Topps Chrome hobby (only a few from that curled), opened about 5 or 6 retail rack packs, almost all curled.

I still haven't sorted all of mine out to send back to Topps (thinking about it still steams me). Personally, I'd bundle them like they ask (in 25 card groups) and send them back for replacement. We spend the money and they have an inferior product, they should have the burden of replacing.

Just my 2 cents,

Todd

There's been many discussions about this, from putting them in the freezer (I wouldn't), putting heavy books on them, etc....
Todd

Putting them in the freezer is an idea for un-sticking cards that were in older packs, I don't think that's a suggestion for uncurling cards.

Chrome card bends because of the way they are made. But this year they do bend a lot, which might be due to poor quality control.